GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CTS Turbo Catch Can - O Rings

kiyoshi147

Ready to race!
I am not sure as to other manufacturers, but personally I think the O-Ring provided with the CTS catch can is terrible.

For anyone out there who has one already, waiting to install one, or is thinking of getting one...please just take my advice and buy the following parts to save yourself trouble down the road.

McMaster-Carr is a wonderful place with more things than you ever knew you never needed.

O-Rings
Get either the #1173N034 or #1284N135
These are a slightly smaller diameter than the one that comes on the can and will not fall off (when emptying can) or tear like many people have had happen with theirs. Yes, they are basically $1 or $2 each respectively, but compared to the $0.12 each that the CTS provided ones are (trust me, I ended up ordering 4 O-Rings of varying diameters and durometers and the 100 pack for $12 that were too big matched the original one perfectly) they are well worth it.

Attachments

• McMaster.JPG
    McMaster.JPG
    106.4 KB · Views: 204

kiyoshi147

Ready to race!
Yeah...I'm learning that...but it is what it is...

Just putting specific parts out there for anyone to use. hopefully i will save somebody 10 minutes of searching through the McMaster site filtering down the 1000's of O-rings, gaskets and seals.

FriggenT1

Banned
Imo cts' customer service absolutely is terrible, the products I have are OK, but they don't answer their phones, their email return time sucks (unless they want to make a sale), and their overall willingness to help with issues is non existent.

thzpcs

Passed Driver's Ed
You saved my life!!! Mine just broke and it took me awhile to find this thread.

Just FYI for a lot of people on here: McMasterCarr and a set of calipers can go a long way with O-rings and such. Once you know the size, they're usually pretty easy to find, and they're WAY cheaper than from most OE suppliers. Sometimes they're made out of special materials, but usually they're just Viton or Buna-N