GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ANY CHANGES/RUMOURS FOR THE 2011 GTI?

2010GolfGTIMK6

AutoTuning
I have been informed I will be getting a 2011 GTI as production has finished. Does anyone know of any changes or rumours for the new production year?

Mk6golfer

Ready to race!
I think its a little too early to know, but I would love if they would correct a lot of the gripes people have had, and ALSO redesign the xenon headlights to look like these on the 2011 VW Polo GTI... the sweet Audi DRLs:

2010GolfGTIMK6

AutoTuning
My Audi Q5 has the LED DRL's, I'd love if that was standard on the GTI, however I don't see it happening, that I think may have leaked by now.

Krazy_Z

Go Kart Champion
I would think that would be awesome if the did that with the lights and yeah they could work out the problems that have been going on but then you will always have some kind of lil problems that is why they offer a warranty cus if they were perfect they would have no need to offer a warranty

koolgreen

Ready to race!
I think its a little too early to know, but I would love if they would correct a lot of the gripes people have had, and ALSO redesign the xenon headlights to look like these on the 2011 VW Polo GTI... the sweet Audi DRLs:

I agree the polo is actually nicer looking.
sighhhhhhhhhh

MrClean

Go Kart Champion
Ahhh, yes, the LED upgrade. Pretty soon, it will not be a distinguished look.

I remember when the 2006 Audi S6 came out with them. Man, did it look awesome coming at you in a gloomy kind of gray/rainy day.

Nowadays, it seems everyone's doing these and most of the time, it looks like some JC Whitney add-on. The designs that have some bend or shape to them look better than the ones that go straight across.

krische

vdubber in training
I doubt they will really change anything. I believe with the 2007 mkv (2006 was the first) they removed a lot for the US version to make it cheaper. But it seems like VW did more of their homework in stripping things to make the 2010 cheap enough for the US.

kalel

Passed Driver's Ed
My wants

auto headlights
9w3 Bluetooth
silver color
different base wheels
push button start/proximity key
sweeping gauges activated from factory

Marvin

Ready to race!
I just want one important thing and ONE only. VW, make a better more reliable car that IS solid and feels solid like the MK5 did. It is NOT sufficient just to look 'tarty' and have bling everywhere.
A lot of savings have been made with the manufacture and construction of the MK6 which has resulted in, not necessarily, a more reliable car. Any savings have not been passed onto the customer who has had to pay considerably more for this current edition of the Golf.

2010 UG

Ready to race!
I'm just hoping for new door weatherstripping. And maybe a better mounting point for the bluetooth so I can get rid of that chunk of styrofoam.

acqui

Ready to race!
There was an article in Autobild last month or the month prior that mentioned a possible increase in horsepower to around 230, which would take it to what the ED30 had in the MK5. I think that makes sense since the competition is way ahead in terms of hp numbers. I imagine if the R doesn't make it here, that may be the way VW goes. If they can offer 230hp and address some of the niggling issues, it would sweeten the deal even more:happyanim:

pshizz

Passed Driver's Ed
Highly doubt that would happen, considering vw just released the mk6, and they have contracts with tuners like APR to limit the stock hp so they can sell stuff like stage 1, 2, and 3 chips etc.

Mk6golfer

Ready to race!
Highly doubt that would happen, considering vw just released the mk6, and they have contracts with tuners like APR to limit the stock hp so they can sell stuff like stage 1, 2, and 3 chips etc.

:lol: