GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Front fog lights required

dstill

Ready to race!
Hi, does anyone have or know where i can get hold of the front fog lights and plastic surrounds for a 59 reg Golf.

I've priced these at the dealers but my credit card doesnt have a limit high enough!!!:eek:

Thanks in advance.

zee

Go Kart Champion
Did you get pn from the dealer? oemplus.com have a kit on their website they say ids for the Mk6 @ £277.11. You can e-mail them to confirm and find out.

dstill

Ready to race!
Did you get pn from the dealer? oemplus.com have a kit on their website they say ids for the Mk6 @ £277.11. You can e-mail them to confirm and find out.

I ran through the relevant parts required with the dealer which came to around £220 but this was without the required wiring. They stated that there was'nt a wiring harness available so i would have to hack into tbhe existing wiring which i dont want to do.:(

You say there is a kit available, do you know if the wiring in the kit is just plug and play as i am not to confident with the knowledge of the dealers in my area.:confused:

dstill

Ready to race!
oemplus' website says they sells it with a plug and play wiring harness from Kufatec. Kufatec website shows the harness at 35Euros. Links below.

Does you car have the highline control module?

http://www.kufatec.de/shop/product_info.php/info/p1398_Fog-Light-Wiring---Harness---VW-Golf-6.html

http://oemplus.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=75_108_111&products_id=854

No, i think mine has the mid-line computer, mpg, miles remaining, average speed/time for individual journeys etc . Would there be a problem if i do have the mid-lin computer?:(

zee

Go Kart Champion
In that case, I doubt you have the highline lighting control module.
You are probably not out of luck yet. As the Mk6 is quite similar to the mk5...the options below are how it has been accomplished in the past on a Mk5 with the midline CECM(Central Electronic Control Module).

Option 1:
Install the OEM fog light kit and upgrade the CECM. Unsnap the old CECM and snap in the new one. VAGCOM the highline CECm to to restore the setting of the midline CECM. VAGCOM again to accomplish full OEM foglight install spec. The MKV CECM was about US$240.

Option 2:
Install the OEM fog light kit without upgrading the CECM but use a relay to accomplish it. A relay kit is about US$80.
Using this mentioned, you will not get a burnt out bulb warning message(when the bulb burns out).

The fog light Kit should consist of a foglight capable headlight switch, front foglights, bumper grills, OEM or Kufatec foglight harness, mounting hardware, 4 hours of your time and beer:drinking:.

Bugsy_Malone 666

Passed Driver's Ed
No, i think mine has the mid-line computer, mpg, miles remaining, average speed/time for individual journeys etc . Would there be a problem if i do have the mid-lin computer?:(

Midline?

That sounds like what my S has listed as 'highline' computer as I spec'd the highline costing an extra £50 on the price of my order.

I have been thinking of how I go about fitting fogs too.

I know with the old mk3 I had basically there was wiring built into the most part of the car for the foglights at the front, however in the engine bay there was a multiplug for the wiring to the headlights which had blanks in for extra cables, it was 1 additional wire I had to put in a blank slot, then plug a relay in the main fuse box, surely vw cant have made it massively complicated to fit?

there was lots of options I didnt spec as I didnt think I really needed them but I am finding its starting to look expencive to add them later on and just generally expencive and akward to do.

dstill

Ready to race!
In that case, I doubt you have the highline lighting control module.
You are probably not out of luck yet. As the Mk6 is quite similar to the mk5...the options below are how it has been accomplished in the past on a Mk5 with the midline CECM(Central Electronic Control Module).

Option 1:
Install the OEM fog light kit and upgrade the CECM. Unsnap the old CECM and snap in the new one. VAGCOM the highline CECm to to restore the setting of the midline CECM. VAGCOM again to accomplish full OEM foglight install spec. The MKV CECM was about US$240.

Option 2:
Install the OEM fog light kit without upgrading the CECM but use a relay to accomplish it. A relay kit is about US$80.
Using this mentioned, you will not get a burnt out bulb warning message(when the bulb burns out).

The fog light Kit should consist of a foglight capable headlight switch, front foglights, bumper grills, OEM or Kufatec foglight harness, mounting hardware, 4 hours of your time and beer:drinking:.

Hi Bubuski, i was told you had to change the whole dash pod if you wanted to change the computer (CECM), would you say this is correct or can a new one be simply plugged in?:confused:

petethegolf

Hi, does anyone have or know where i can get hold of the front fog lights and plastic surrounds for a 59 reg Golf.

I've priced these at the dealers but my credit card doesnt have a limit high enough!!!:eek:

Thanks in advance.
try ebay I got a set for £80 petethegolfhttp://www.golfmk6.com/forums/images/smilies/lol.gif

benjaminbesems

Wrong door indication on dashboard display: 4 instead 2 doors

Hello,

I have done a retrofit Xenon on my golf 6. I've changed the CECM 1k0937086 for a: 1k0937087A I used vagcom to have the same settings as before. Also the setting: 0= 2 doors. 1=4 doors. But nothing changed.
Please help me!