GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Questions about exhaust

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
We dont do anything like that in Floirda. We are rather relaxed when it comes to cars and guns.

webbry4

Ready to race!
the check engine light from the downpipe install wont hurt your car it will just be there saying your cat isnt working properly because to much is going by the hi-flow cat in the arm downpipe or if you were catless obviously lol.

But yeah i would buy that or USP if i was CBFA instead of modifying the cheaper downpipe to work.

If you only want sound i would get the beluga racing catback... it will add some depth to the stock exhaust and you will get some pops and gurgles without the downpipe changed so you dont get the CEL. Plus it mates up directly to stock downpipe or any other downpipe that mates with stock catback
And then just add a downpipe of your choice when you decide to go stage 2 if you wanted.

Just make sure you look at the right time because the price fluctuates quite frequently :D

StrigaMort

Ready to race!
Awesome stuff guys. So I just moved from Central California a few months ago (now in San Jose) and I bought the car here. Kind of starting a new life kind of thing. Anyway, I forgot to have the previous owner smog the car when I bought it and just smogged it myself. The place I took it to was a garage/gas station where I fill up. The garage is tiny and I just sat there and watched while I waited. They were done in just a few minutes and did zero visual. I remember thinking it odd. :) The car has no visible mods so it wouldn't have mattered anyway, but I wasn't about to complain. I hope I get guys like these again next time.

2010 GTI 6mt, Autobahn, APR Stage 1 tune, Freakishly Clean