GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Air Ride Suspension Thread

Heartagram131

Go Kart Champion
You know how when you blow up a balloon, you pinch the hole off between breaths? That's what the check valve does. If you don't stop the air from coming out it can't keep air in the tank/balloon...

1flymk6gti

Go Kart Champion
This moring (in NJ) it was 28 degrees it took forever for my tank to fill up. Oh the joys of having bags in the winter. I booked a storage unit from December to March.

Noob_2.0T

Go Kart Champion
OK guys so I'm getting a bag set up from bagriders. I am going to get the performance series fronts with bellow bags in the rears and also 2 compressors but which do people on here run and prefer best either the 400CC or the 444cc?

mattttt

Go Kart Champion
I have dual 400C's with an AccuAir 5 gallon and they fill it pretty quick.

Heads up, make sure to thread those Performance front struts up before installing them. They come preset with about an inch of threads showing and I had to adjust them to 2" of threads to get maximum lift without clunking.

Heartagram131

Go Kart Champion
OK guys so I'm getting a bag set up from bagriders. I am going to get the performance series fronts with bellow bags in the rears and also 2 compressors but which do people on here run and prefer best either the 400CC or the 444cc?

What shocks are you getting? I have 400c x 2 and they are loud AF! You can get black 444 too so if you think that's cool then there is that decision.

Heads up, make sure to thread those Performance front struts up before installing them. They come preset with about an inch of threads showing and I had to adjust them to 2" of threads to get maximum lift without clunking.

I adjusted mine to 2.5" and they are great. I don't have any noises and run kind of high but I'm not notched. (24-24.5"/40f-38r) for regular driving but lower when I get the urge.

looking at your build thread you look lower up front. Are you notched?

Noob_2.0T

Go Kart Champion

I ended up going with the dual 400c also with the airlift 5 gallon tank. Will do man thanks for the heads up

What shocks are you getting? I have 400c x 2 and they are loud AF! You can get black 444 too so if you think that's cool then there is that decision

I'm picking up some koni yellow from a friend for super cheap he got with his kit but never used. Yeah I'm going to talk to the place that is going to install and build my set up to do as much sound Proofing as possible. Man I can't wait till January

mattttt

Go Kart Champion
I adjusted mine to 2.5" and they are great. I don't have any noises and run kind of high but I'm not notched. (24-24.5"/40f-38r) for regular driving but lower when I get the urge.

looking at your build thread you look lower up front. Are you notched?

Did you lose any low adjusting them up that much?

I am notched, and still fully lay out with the fronts set at 2"

Heartagram131

Go Kart Champion
Did you lose any low adjusting them up that much?

I am notched, and still fully lay out with the fronts set at 2"

The left side goes lower than the right thanks to the axel. I would be able to go lower if I wasn't resting on it. Not sure by how much but seeing as I don't plan on doing a notch it doesn't matter to me. The important part for me was getting enough lift to clear anything I want. There are a lot of massive speed bumps in my neighbourhood. I don't plan on adjusting the height as it seems to mirror the rear well too.

iPhone Tapatalk

1flymk6gti

Go Kart Champion
I got dual 444c with a 4 gallon seamless and it fills in 40 seconds. Make your you order the Stinger Relay for the compressors. Reason being with the T Taps have a tendency just to burn out, also if one compressor is starting to fail it will draw amps from the good compressor to power them resulting in failure of both. With the Stinger relay you wont have that issue because it keeps them separate.

I am going to purchase the Stinger relay soon its almost bullet proof and a great upgrade for $30

Noob_2.0T

Go Kart Champion
I got dual 444c with a 4 gallon seamless and it fills in 40 seconds. Make your you order the Stinger Relay for the compressors. Reason being with the T Taps have a tendency just to burn out, also if one compressor is starting to fail it will draw amps from the good compressor to power them resulting in failure of both. With the Stinger relay you wont have that issue because it keeps them separate.

I am going to purchase the Stinger relay soon its almost bullet proof and a great upgrade for $30

Touche Ill add that into my cart. I forgot to get isolator's and also another water trap. Was just going to run one but changed my mind and ill just run dual traps just to be safe.

Sent from my fingers using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Tiggy1

Go Kart Champion
Anyone have the rear slam series shocks? How are they

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dynamiik

Ready to race!
What are the skinniest rear shocks on the market?? This is me aired out right now

spiker369

on air, don't care
Anyone have the rear slam series shocks? How are they

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I heard they are more bouncy than stock. But they do go lower when aired out, so more tucking.

And damn David, hopefully someone comes through with some info!