GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stage 2 vs Infinity Q??

gtimk6spd

Ready to race!
Slowly rolled away from the light in 1st, went to 2nd not planning to race and the Infiniti next to me is going for it. I floor it in 2nd and then 3rd but clearly lose. I let off early in 4th because I didn't really need to keep losing haha. I hope it's not the 208 hp 2.0T, think it was the 300 hp V6 TT, and wish it was the 400 hp V6 TT.

https://youtu.be/R9DCeyriRfM

Edit: Not sure how to embed the video here...

Edit 2: *Infiniti not Infinity, thread title is definitely wrong.

Last edited:

fast2ghl

Ready to race!
Im guessing that's the 300HP variant.

gtimk6spd

Ready to race!
Me too which kind of sucks. The GTI is lighter with slightly more torque and slightly less hp, but I still got beat pretty easily. I'm getting the 93 octane tune this week instead of 91 so hopefully that helps a little bit.

Or he could be the 400 hp version and just toyed with me, not going full throttle.

WeekendWarriorz

Ready to race!
When I was basic Stage 2 (tune+downpipe only) it was literally neck and neck with the g37 Sedan 3.7L HR, Basically whoever got the jump won by a foot or two. But those v6 TT are underrated from the factory.

gtimk6spd

Ready to race!
I'm a few bolt-ons past that, but still only Stage 2 91 octane. I believe that they are underrated even if he did have the jump and I decided to join the race late. I'm not upset or anything, just learned about a good engine from a car company I never paid attention to. Hopefully I'll have the chance to get a proper race against one of them in the future.

I just realized that Test n Tune is open again at my local drag strip. I'll have to try and get there next weekend if the weather is nice. See if I can beat anyone. I honestly feel like my car is not all that fast. It's definitely fun and great in the corners, but not in a straight line. I'm hoping to pull on some FoST, Speed3, and Subies since that seems to be plausible from the stories on here.

urbanevil

Ready to race!
I'm a few bolt-ons past that, but still only Stage 2 91 octane. I believe that they are underrated even if he did have the jump and I decided to join the race late. I'm not upset or anything, just learned about a good engine from a car company I never paid attention to. Hopefully I'll have the chance to get a proper race against one of them in the future.

I just realized that Test n Tune is open again at my local drag strip. I'll have to try and get there next weekend if the weather is nice. See if I can beat anyone. I honestly feel like my car is not all that fast. It's definitely fun and great in the corners, but not in a straight line. I'm hoping to pull on some FoST, Speed3, and Subies since that seems to be plausible from the stories on here.
Go K04, you will be happy lol.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

fast2ghl

Ready to race!
Go K04, you will be happy lol.

This ^

Go k04 with every bolt on and a nice tune and you'll lay waste to 85 percent of the cars on the road.

gtimk6spd

Ready to race!
I'm pretty sure you guys are right haha. Time to start saving for that. I just re-invested in a home gym and it was a debate between that and a new turbo.

urbanevil

Ready to race!
I'm pretty sure you guys are right haha. Time to start saving for that. I just re-invested in a home gym and it was a debate between that and a new turbo.
Thats literally what took so long for Mr to do it haha! Went out and bought all new weights/bench/bars etc. For a home gym lol.

gtimk6spd

Ready to race!
Haha well I support it! The car is still incredibly fun as is and for me a home gym is miles ahead of any local commercial gyms. It just took priority. But K04 is still in my future, it just is a matter of time really. I'm going to get my 93 octane tune tomorrow and will see how much the shop would charge for a K04 upgrade. Not going to do it yet, but just so I know their labor rates.

fast2ghl

Ready to race!
Haha well I support it! The car is still incredibly fun as is and for me a home gym is miles ahead of any local commercial gyms. It just took priority. But K04 is still in my future, it just is a matter of time really. I'm going to get my 93 octane tune tomorrow and will see how much the shop would charge for a K04 upgrade. Not going to do it yet, but just so I know their labor rates.

Everyone tells me its like $500-$600 in the USA to get it done. Up here in Canada its about $1200 at a dealer. I got it done for $500 CDN which is like $350USD. So I think I did alright.

But honestly yeah once you go k04, you'll be real happy.

gtimk6spd

Ready to race!
$350 sounds like a great deal. $500-600 isn't bad either. Of course there's still the turbo price on top of it. $2,400 new from APR w/tune or used idk how much. Just started looking and the sold ones got rid of the price so I'm not sure what I'm looking at.

fast2ghl

Ready to race!
$350 sounds like a great deal. $500-600 isn't bad either. Of course there's still the turbo price on top of it. $2,400 new from APR w/tune or used idk how much. Just started looking and the sold ones got rid of the price so I'm not sure what I'm looking at.

I think used should be around 1200 for you guys.

gtimk6spd

Ready to race!
Definitely something I'll consider. Thanks for the info.

gtimk6spd

Ready to race!
Got up to the drag strip. Did awful. Couldn't get into the gears for some reason, and was too throttle happy in 1st and 2nd. No cars near my class to race, only went up against some camaro's and other old muscle cars. Lost every single time haha.

Best was (unfortunately)
2.476 60 ft
9.302 594 ft
9.873 1/8 mile
78.80 mph
14.867 1/4 mile
87.17 mph