Ask a Canadian Salesperson

Raz

Passed Driver's Ed
Hmmm..... Golf R or (possibly) the NCC Jetta..... damn all these choices! :p

siagolf

Ready to race!
Hmmm..... Golf R or (possibly) the NCC Jetta..... damn all these choices! :p

Hi Jeff, couple questions:

1. you mentioned work on the speakers -- do you have specs on the stock speakers for a 2010 MKVI GTI with and without the Navi package? I've been looking online but can't find any detailed/useful info on them that would help me pick out the best aftermarket alternative...

2. I'm from Vancouver -- are you willing/able to work with out-of-Province customers on sales?

Raz

Passed Driver's Ed
siagolf - I'm not seeing anything about the specs on the stock speakers. I'm sure it's a 6.5" driver with a 1" tweeter (which is the standard specs). I've seen them from my Jetta and it's just a normal paper/fibre combination with a foam surround - nothing too fantastic. I do know that when you get the nav package you do get "real" speakers. Polypropeline cone with a rubber surround and a decent sized magnet, but you can get just as good a speaker (or better) for a lot less!

As for best aftermarket alternative - go out and listen to a bunch. Bring a few tunes that you normally listen to. I normally bring three songs: U2 "With or Without You" (for the bass line- direct but not too boomy. Some speakers really boom the one note and the others are subdued), Peter Gabriel "In Your Eyes" (for the "ting" of the triangle and the different vocals at the end) and whatever Dream Theater song happens to be in my car at the time (which is almost all the time!!). Either Metropolis (if that triggered snare sounds good, then it's a good speaker) or something off of Octavarium (usually The Root of all Evil). That's my recommendation. :p

Raz

Passed Driver's Ed
Oh yeah - unfortunately I can't really do more for you than answer questions and such. I can't really sell you a car if you're in BC and I'm in Ontario.

Mat

Well, my car arrived at the dealership last friday, took care of the finance and paperwork last monday and it'll be delivered on monday night! Can't wait!
:happyanim:

I had a great surprise today though...
When I called my salesguy to arrange delivery on monday night, he told me I was getting 1% off on my finance rate as a kind of fidelity plan! Great news!
So I now get 2.9% for 66 months. Not bad for a brand new TDI :thumbup:

Thanks VW !

Raz

Passed Driver's Ed
If you don't get the rear-side airbags you still get the two front, the two side airbags (in the two front seats) and the full left/right curtain airbags. There isn't a light for a passenger airbag on/off anymore - it's always on.

Stasis1

Passed Driver's Ed
Jeff,

1st, thanks for having this thread up and replying to everyone... that's awesome.

I'm in Quebec, near Montreal. I went to check out the new GTI last night. My quote is for $951 off MSRP. After reading this thread, I imagine that's a good deal?

It's for base +DSG & Sunroof. Also working out a deal to possibly get some aftermarket wheels. I know this dealer works with Fast/Replika, so I'm looking at some RS4 or R32 Reps to be included into the lease.

Also, current rate is 4.9%. Any chance that will change in the months to come, for better or for worse? My current lease is up in June and is in the US, so I can't do an early return here. I have to bring it back to NY and then get the new one here.

Thanks in advance.

Blackfish

Hi Jeff, thanks for all the great info on here!
I pick up my GTI on Feb 8th from your friends down the QEW at Oakville VW. Just curious what your thoughts are on break in period/regime for a 6sp GTI?

eurolatin336

question on getting a 10 GTi, i dont have the best of credit but i do have a well paying job. i saw on an ad that vw has a first time buyer program for 4.9%, i guess my question is how long is this promo on for?

gtirdun

Hey Jeff

I'm getting a GTI.. when will be based on the availability - what's it like? More specifically a white 3 door with leather, sunroof and navi? Can I be particular or am I going to have to settle for a different colour or something?

This my first time buying a new car, but not my first time buying a car from a dealership, and I have a few silly questions.

If I want leather and navigation can those be put in at the dealership or does it have to come from the plant like that?

I don't like games and dicking around with prices. Whats the best thing to do when offering so we both feel like we are getting what we want? IF the price isn't too negotiable, what else can I ask for?

Thanks, I'm sure I will have more questions.