GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

**335i vs. Stage 2**

MSchott

Go Kart Newbie
you literally have to go to germany and pay for bringing the car over....i used to see them come through the dealership...there was an e46 m3 that came from the factory with crank windows and no options at all, that the owner had put a cage in an s/c'd....there is a lot of stuff we will never get in the US, but if you can get easily outside the country :thumbsup:

I think you are mixed up. Unless you can actually show me a link proving what you say I think you are wrong.

Here's how it works. You can go to your dealer and order a car based on what BMW allows on their Build to Order website. On higher end cars there are Individual options available like special exterior and interior colors. Once you order your car you can opt for European Delivery where you pick up your car at the BMW Welt in Munich and drive it through Europe for a while and then drop it at a port for transport to the USA.

DRedman451

Go Kart Champion
I think you are mixed up. Unless you can actually show me a link proving what you say I think you are wrong.

Here's how it works. You can go to your dealer and order a car based on what BMW allows on their Build to Order website. On higher end cars there are Individual options available like special exterior and interior colors. Once you order your car you can opt for European Delivery where you pick up your car at the BMW Welt in Munich and drive it through Europe for a while and then drop it at a port for transport to the USA.

NO...like i said I am talking about something completely differnt :thumbsup:....I am talking about order it in germany like I said, not the dealer euro delivery

MSchott

Go Kart Newbie
NO...like i said I am talking about something completely differnt :thumbsup:....I am talking about order it in germany like I said, not the dealer euro delivery

I'm asking if you can please provide some sort of confirmation that this is a reality. Again, after over 4 years on the biggest BMW Forums, I've never heard of this.

littleazn248

Go Kart Champion
There seems to be a perception that BMW owners are jerks but you could say that with any car bought for prestige. Audi, Mercedes, Jaguar, etc would fall into this same category. It's also kind of rude to categorize a brand because of behavior you seem from your neighbors.

Frankly, the attitude that GTI owners on this forum have about modding their cars so they can race on the street for bragging rights could be considered as other than friendly.

Ultimately we should buy cars that make us happy. I drive a BMW 3 series because I love how it drives and I didn't consider how other drivers act when I made my decision. By they way I considered a GTI as well in case the BMW didn't fit my budget.

Yea I shouldn't be stereotyping BMW drivers :p There are jerks and nice people that drive every brand of car. Probably the most primary reason I didn't go for the BMW was due to the new 3series look coming out. I don't want to be stuck with the old look especially when the new one is already out. Also I wouldn't be shopping new I would've been looking at a used 335i. So no new car smell, not that it lasted very long in the GTI. Now it just smells like plastic.

DRedman451

Go Kart Champion
I'm asking if you can please provide some sort of confirmation that this is a reality. Again, after over 4 years on the biggest BMW Forums, I've never heard of this.

go on the bmw UK site and do the build your own 335....The dct you want has been available there since 08....if you go to europe you can get the european options:thumbsup:

MSchott

Go Kart Newbie
go on the bmw UK site and do the build your own 335....The dct you want has been available there since 08....if you go to europe you can get the european options:thumbsup:

That's in Europe. These cars cannot be imported to the USA. By the way you can get a DCT in the US on the 335is Coupe or the M3. BMW strongly limits how you can customize a car in the US. It's even harder on the F30 sedans.

Last edited:

dwagner88

Ready to race!
Just so I know, what is "Stage 2+" in a TSI GTI? I was under the impression that the "+" was an FSI thing for aftermarket fueling. Since this seems unnecessary in a TSI car, what qualifies as a "+"? Or is this just a thing to show off to the bros?

fastgti69

M3 Eater
Just so I know, what is "Stage 2+" in a TSI GTI? I was under the impression that the "+" was an FSI thing for aftermarket fueling. Since this seems unnecessary in a TSI car, what qualifies as a "+"? Or is this just a thing to show off to the bros?

There is no stage2 + for TSI only applies to FSI mk5 GTI's as they need a HPFP to have the "+" along with the Golf R FSI too.

jackgti1

Go Kart Champion
"2+" refers to stage 2 with supporting mods, but also extra mods that aren't "required" such as intake, intercooler, cat-back, etc.