GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Forge catch can installed

Status
Not open for further replies.

dennybak

Ready to race!
Mike, why not give a longer piece of hose, and if the owner chooses too, cut the tubing down. I would assume an engine cover is a lot more expensive than supplying a longer tube. Also cutting a piece of tubing is probably easier than cutting the cover.

heartcoke

Ready to race!
Oh it's underneath the engine cover, eh.

Tecni

Ready to race!
Mike, why not give a longer piece of hose, and if the owner chooses too, cut the tubing down. I would assume an engine cover is a lot more expensive than supplying a longer tube. Also cutting a piece of tubing is probably easier than cutting the cover.

See above. Some people here just can't read.:confused:

dsm1983

Go Kart Champion
in for pics with out the cover. big chunks of machined aluminum are always appealing :D

This is why your pics are whack. lol
I understand how a catch can works. If you look at my build thread you'll see that I've had one installed since practically day one. And I had one installed on my previous car too.
Mainly, I'm curious about the oddly shaped piece of metal that came with the kit.

Mike@Forge

Go Kart Champion
Mike - are there install instructions on your site?

Not yet. I still need to write them within the next couple of days.

The process is very simple. The most difficult/time consuming part is the removal of the noise pipe and its support bracket to make room for the tank. Once that's out of the way, it's bolt-on and go.

Mike@Forge

Go Kart Champion
There are a couple installed photos floating around already that I have posted before.

Bender1

Banned
Not yet. I still need to write them within the next couple of days.

The process is very simple. The most difficult/time consuming part is the removal of the noise pipe and its support bracket to make room for the tank. Once that's out of the way, it's bolt-on and go.

Thanks Mike!

Any chance there will be pricing and availability before Mrs. Bender starts to do her Santa Claus thing?

Mike@Forge

Go Kart Champion
Since a lot of people have been asking for more details on the "Africa plate".....

The outlet fitting is strategically positioned on the "Africa plate" at an ideal pickup location to draw out the crankcase pressure. It is positioned directly over a baffle/splash shield already integrated into the OEM valve cover that will minimize the pickup of liquid oil, and ensure that only gases and vapor are drawn into the tank.

The fan shaped cutout is a functional feature that allows the crankcase pressure from the lower portion of the block to merge and equalize with the pressure in the head/valve cover. It only requires that a small portion of the OEM PCV gasket be trimmed to accomplish this. This is normally done within the upper portion of the OEM PCV assembly in a complicated mess of check valves and channels, but we simplify the entire setup and keep all of that function hidden underneath the slim profile of the "Africa plate."

Status
Not open for further replies.