GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2011-2014 Water Pump Recall Incoming

Lmike6453

Ready to race!
I had mine replaced a few days ago and specifically asked for the most recent revision. They gave me the BG and said that no one has came back with a faulty BG pump that they have seen.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

sniper27

Go Kart Champion
I had mine replaced a few days ago and specifically asked for the most recent revision. They gave me the BG and said that no one has came back with a faulty BG pump that they have seen.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
Well, let's see how long that lasts. Of course no one is going to come back within a week. Lol

steemax

Go Kart Champion
Well, let's see how long that lasts. Of course no one is going to come back within a week. Lol

Exactly... seeing as how my BG went out on me. But the sample is to small at the moment.

cobie56

Ready to race!
In case people was wondering, another dude on Garden State Euro's posted pics of his replacement. Apparently this is what was said as he was right there with the mechanic at VW as it was being replaced and snapping pics which he provided on GSE.

"the replacement which is reinforced with a metal plate instead of plastic."

Not sure if your on this forum...

I saw that, too, and replied to the post (waiting for a response) asking if the replacement pump's metal, instead of plastic, was the fix/cause of all the pump failures. If i get a response ill post it here, btw, my car is a '14 and on the "recall" list tho so far so good with no leaking.

VgRt6

Ready to race!
Anyone with a CCTA engine have the service action come up for their VIN? Seems that most/all that have posted that the service action came up have CBFA engines.

reshwitz

Ready to race!
Nothing for my 2013 CCTA. Been refreshing the recall page the last several days.

blingdub

Go Kart Newbie
dumb question; this should be a fairly routine repair right? i should be able to take it to the dealership, select the "wait" option, and be in/out in 2-3 hours?

CarniifeX

Go Kart Champion
dumb question; this should be a fairly routine repair right? i should be able to take it to the dealership, select the "wait" option, and be in/out in 2-3 hours?

Depends on how busy they are, but mine took nearly twice as long the first time around.

Michael58121

Go Kart Champion
Can someone post the site so I can see if my Vin comes up

alpha3

Go Kart Champion
Mine wasn't on the recall page; it is now. It's a 2014 DE, CBFA engine. Don't know how I ended up with a CBFA in Miami Florida, but that's what it is. Other than our beloved water pumps, the car has had no issues. I'm now coming up on 27k miles. The 1st water pump had failed almost immediately, at 9k miles. They kept the car overnite after replacing the pump. The service manager told me they wanted to run it around town a while to make sure it didn't leak. And it hasn't since. I just checked my pump version from the invoice, it is the 'BB' pump, not the BG pump. Like many of you here have said, I don't really like the idea of removing and replacing the pump that's working just fine. Dunno....I'll see what the service manager says when it goes in for the 30k service. That should be in the fall sometime.