GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Poll: Warranty Claims when ECU Flashed (TD1 flagged)

Has your tune caused denial of repair work on an issue that should have been covered?

• Yes, those bastids!

Votes: 7 13.0%
  • No, I am a golden God!

Votes: 47 87.0%

• Total voters

Irishbri

Go Kart Champion
I would add Reydel VW in Edison, NJ to the no fly list.

I took my month old '14 there because it was missing a piece of interior trim from the factory. The first thing they asked when I walked in the door was if I was tuned. As this was before I had started lurking on this forum, I wasn't tuned at the time. The Service Advisor said it was good that I wasn't tuned because it would have completely voided my warranty.

To be fair, the work was still done under warranty. It just doesn't make sense that the Service Advisor would make such a stink over a little piece of interior trim and the possibility of being tuned. I haven't needed any other warranty work done yet, but I doubt I'd go back to this dealer.
Yeah....it seems to come down to personalities. . dealerships with true car lovers (with a big nuts) at the helm versus pencil pushing wimps who piss themselves over thw thought of tussling with big bad VW......

barnes93cb

Go Kart Champion
Goodwin VW in Sumter, SC

I had a coil pack and waterpump replaced after being stage 2 and noticable modifications done to the car. They dont like seeing me because my car is a pain for the lift. But they havent denied me yet...

Irishbri

Go Kart Champion
I would add Reydel VW in Edison, NJ to the no fly list.

I took my month old '14 there because it was missing a piece of interior trim from the factory. The first thing they asked when I walked in the door was if I was tuned. As this was before I had started lurking on this forum, I wasn't tuned at the time. The Service Advisor said it was good that I wasn't tuned because it would have completely voided my warranty.

To be fair, the work was still done under warranty. It just doesn't make sense that the Service Advisor would make such a stink over a little piece of interior trim and the possibility of being tuned. I haven't needed any other warranty work done yet, but I doubt I'd go back to this dealer.

Goodwin VW in Sumter, SC

I had a coil pack and waterpump replaced after being stage 2 and noticable modifications done to the car. They dont like seeing me because my car is a pain for the lift. But they havent denied me yet...

Added

birdseed404

Ready to race!
Gene Messer VW in Lubbock, TX

I was up front with my car and told them what I wanted to do with it and over time became friends some of the guys there.

First issue I had was a blown coil pack and they replaced it for free. The second issue I had was when my intake manifold went out and they replaced it under warranty. Other standard maintenance I haven't had a problem!

Irishbri

Go Kart Champion
Gene Messer VW in Lubbock, TX

I was up front with my car and told them what I wanted to do with it and over time became friends some of the guys there.

First issue I had was a blown coil pack and they replaced it for free. The second issue I had was when my intake manifold went out and they replaced it under warranty. Other standard maintenance I haven't had a problem!

Added

phant0m

Ready to race!
I think I'm going to go get a wastegate rattle clip put on. It's getting annoying...

I'm stage 1 tuned and hoping the dealer will not give me crap for it... I have the CPO warranty with a $50 deductible. I know there was a TSB for it a while ago, so in theory I should only have to pay $50 for this, right? Assuming they look past the fact that i'm tuned?

Irishbri

Go Kart Champion
The TSB is no guarantee that they will cover it and the tune thing is up to the dealer...thus the reason for the OP.....

Sincere Good luck, man...

Irishbri

Go Kart Champion
I have a mod/tune friendly dealer I can go to. I'm just hoping that the fix is covered under the extended warranty since it's only a tsb and not a recall or anything. We'll see :)

Good luck man....let us know how it shakes out.

GTI JayRad

Passed Driver's Ed
I had the P2015 code hit and I took it to Mossy VW in Escondido, CA. I was dreading it due to the fact I did not know if they would honor the warranty work or not. I am running Stage 2, TBE, R8 coil packs, and intake.

I got the new manifold without any issue or problem. Also did the carbon cleaning, charged $250 for it.

I would add them to the list for those around San Diego area. :thumbup:

Irishbri

Go Kart Champion
I had the P2015 code hit and I took it to Mossy VW in Escondido, CA. I was dreading it due to the fact I did not know if they would honor the warranty work or not. I am running Stage 2, TBE, R8 coil packs, and intake.

I got the new manifold without any issue or problem. Also did the carbon cleaning, charged $250 for it.

I would add them to the list for those around San Diego area. :thumbup:

Added