GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

(vids) efr MK6 & 5.0 mustang GT messing around

Banshee1

Go Kart Champion
Ha how did that rev limiter feel?

I raced my buddy in his 5.0 on his wedding day, needless to say I was smoked pretty bad by 50mph...

Tireiron Mike

Ready to race!
My GTI was once the Ketchup in a Mustang Sandwich at a DE at Summit Point (no passing in the curves.)

It was [White GT 5.0 driven by a decent driver] <TR GTI> [White Boss 350 who sucked at the driving] (Black Rent-a-GT driven by a noob friend) After one lap I allowed the faster White GT around me. changed to
<TR GTI> [White GT 5.0] (Black Rent-a-Car GT) [Boss 350]

Another lap and the Rent-a-GT allows me through, she later said that she couldn't keep up with my stock GTI through the curves.:confused: The Boss is now holding up the White GT. The Boss 350 would disappear on the straightaway but over break into the turns. Wild ZR1 appears, passes everyone, and then disappears.
(Black Rent-a-GT) <TR GTI> [White GT 5.0] [Boss 350] {ZR1}

The next lap the White GT forces himself through and we lose the Rent-a-GT
<TR GTI> [Boss 350] [White GT 5.0]

Next lap, white GT disappears. Boss 350 holding me up.
<TR GTI> [Boss 350] :mad0259:

My instructor tells me he want's to feel like he's in the back seat of that Boss 350 and to ride his bumper for as long as I can. So 10-12 laps of this...
<TR GTI[Boss 350]

I get a fuel warning and I notice that the Boss 350 is making a ton of mistakes and is generally sloppy.
<TR GTI[Boss 350]

The Boss 350 finally allows me to pass, I could tell I've upset him. :lol:
[Boss 350] <TR GTI>
But the second after I pass him my car sputters and the engine dies. Out of gas. :cry: This is why I went stage 1.

What's really sad was I was the only GTI there. The only cars that were similar to me were the 4 Mazdaspeed 3s. Where were you guys?

zhijjawi10

Go Kart Champion
Ha how did that rev limiter feel?

I raced my buddy in his 5.0 on his wedding day, needless to say I was smoked pretty bad by 50mph...

I got smoked by one as well, when I was stage 2. Ever since then, I've had a mission to find someone with one and do the 3 honks lol. This guy in the vid would just ride my ass and then try to fly by me.. I wish we could have gotten a legit pull, not him floor it by me and me catch him.

zhijjawi10

Go Kart Champion
@TireIron Mike, sounds like a fun day. My friend just landed a job at summit point for this upcoming summer. I will definitely be up there come march/april. But first... LSD, sway bars, and some other fun stuff that will help on the track.

And a GoPro HD camera. That is a must have.