GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Help me out please!

alexdrod

I know this has probably been asked a bunch of times so please forgive me. I have searched for a while and have not been able to find details regarding the launch date for the Golf MKVI TDI in the US.

I have read on one site that US drivers should not expect to see the TDI until December. I really hope that this is not true and we see the TDI this fall.

zee

Go Kart Champion
USA Schedule for Golf TDI
Launch cars auto spec'd by VWoA are expected first week of November.
Customized orders are due in December.

USA Schedule for Golf 2.5 and GTI
Launch cars auto spec'd by VWoA are expected first week of October.
Customized orders are due in November.

These are based on availability, if your dealer has already accepted deposits from other before yous, if could push it a month or two away as each dealer receives limited allocation each month

alexdrod

Thanks a ton for the info! I was hoping for an October date but November isn't to far off.

I'm going to stop by the dealer today and ask them when they are expecting to get their first batch of TDI's in. Maybe I'll even end up ordering one!

Pretty excited to get behind the wheel of one of these because I've been driving a Jeep Wrangler for the last few years. It's a fun car for the weekend trips maybe but it freaking sucks to drive as an everyday car.

alexdrod

If anyone was wondering (I don't see much activity on this forum) I stopped by the dealership today. The guy I talked to there said he was expecting MKVI TDI's by October. He said the very latest would be November but October was the most likely month to expect shipment.

So basically: you guys were right :)

alexdrod

I have another question but I don't want to start a new thread.

Does anybody have any idea where the pricing for the TDI will start in the U.S.? I have read so many numbers its hard to come up with the most likely cost.

Also, where are the U.S. models built?

zee

Go Kart Champion
October actually make more sense. My pre-ordered Canadian GTI shows a due date in the system as the of last week of October, but I am told to expect it mid-november. US cars will probably arrive about 2 weeks before Canadian cars.

The TDI numbers are not yet published but the preliminary prices that were leaked from VWoA on vwvortex showed it a few hundred dollars less than the GTI. (22k to 23k IIRC). So maybe VWoA will do some majic before officially releasing the refined prises which hopefully will be less for the TDI.

The official prices should be released about 30 days before the first cars are due. So maybe by mid to late September we will see some info from VWoA.

mongo1

Ready to race!
For what it's worth, I have spoken/corresponded with two different dealerships in Cincinnati who both say they expect to have 2010 GTi's on the lot at the end of the month (August). As the end of the month is only a couple weeks away and they don't have price lists for the cars/options, I'm skeptical... but hopeful. :)

alexdrod

As much as I would LOVE to see new TDI's by the end of the month in August, I think it is highly unlikely. Weren't they supposed to start production for the U.S. in August? I can't imagine that they would have enough built already.

zee

Go Kart Champion
End of August is possible if the pre-spec'd GTI "launch cars" are already built and are waiting at the ports as Chris@APR has hinted in the other thread...after all VW gave them a US Spec to prepare for Waterfest 15.

The first set of customized US orders were due to be sent to "Production stock" earlier this week.

Hint 1

Hint 2

sleepergti86

APRTuned
I will let you guys know as soon as i do when the car launches! :)