GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Pissed at APR

denisGTI

Ready to race!
His ECU wasn't removed, the tuning shop hooked up via OBDII.

Thanks. My bad. It was mentioned earlier also. Sorry guys.

So my other question would be...:)

Is there a way a VW dealer can detect that ECU was accessed by someone else, even via OBDII?

Or they simply don't care since they will charge VW for putting the new one in anyway?

Just curios ..

denisGTI

BigRobSA

Ready to race!
I would assume that, since the tune never took, it simply appears like a "fried" ECU. Maybe, if they had the brain scanned in a lab or some such, they might be able to see electronic tampering, but I'd assume the techs at the VW shop would simply go "Meh, another bad electronic part from another car...go figure!" and swap them out.

In the GM world, once the ECU is tuned, it resets key counts, etc. that are obvious warning signs. But, the Tech2 the dealers have now can detect non-factory tunes, so once they detect them, your warranty (if you're in there for something the ECU controls) might be invalid.

Djunited1

Go Kart Champion
Thanks. My bad. It was mentioned earlier also. Sorry guys.

So my other question would be...:)

Is there a way a VW dealer can detect that ECU was accessed by someone else, even via OBDII?

Or they simply don't care since they will charge VW for putting the new one in anyway?

Just curios ..

denisGTI

the car wasn't flashed so i don't think they would have been able to detect it since it isn't there. Not sure if they can detect electronic tampering via obd2. i just told them my car wouldn't start, so they thought it was a battery issue. today they hooked up vag com, saw all the malfunctions and decided it was due to the battery failing and me continuously trying to turn on the car with a dead battery which in turn fried the ecu.

Last edited:

BigRobSA

Ready to race!
Fry implies electrical components were physically damaged.

They weren't.

Which is why I put it in quotes.

It's like when I used to be an electronic tech while in EE school and people came in all of the time with things that they thought didn't work. They ASSURED me that they hooked it up correctly, and I quote:" I hooked up fire wire (this was before ACTUAL 'firewire' for computers was even thought of-early 90's) to fire and earth to earth.".

I doubt most techs at most 'ships would know if something is actually fried or not, but the term gets thrown around like nobody's business.

***Edit: I apologize if it appeared as a slur against APR, or anyone. Was merely using it as a vernacular for something that's messed up.

Last edited:

Djunited1

Go Kart Champion

DawnsKayBug1

Go Kart Champion

Raffoul232

Passed Driver's Ed
Tony did you go to kazan racing? Cause from what nicco told me, as well as some other sources, I heard he is unreable and a real a**. Btw found a new place near republic not bad for tuning might go on friday incase your interested tell me what you need or I'll send you his location. Btw I am as pist as you cause really in lebanon no one is reliable when it comes to tuning it sucks. I'm sure kettaneh will do a good job. If you want ask for a guy called max (in charge of abt) he'll tell all there is to know, just mention my name and he'll help you right away. Btw another question, does the apr dealership here have the carbonio air intake, or do they instal parts, basically what's his deal?

Last edited:

Djunited1

Go Kart Champion
Tony did you go to kazan racing? Cause from what nicco told me, as well as some other sources, I heard he is unreable and a real a**. Btw found a new place near republic not bad for tuning might go on friday incase your interested tell me what you need or I'll send you his location. Btw I am as pist as you cause really in lebanon no one is reliable when it comes to tuning it sucks.

did you find out what company he deals with? i know another tuner.he is a unitronic and piasini tuner. i went to kazan because i spoke with arin who confirmed to me that kazan's files are all from apr. i just didnt check to see if kazan knows what he's doing. anyway , you learn from your mistakes. i'm gonna go with a 900$ piasini tune. he has already tuned 6 mk6 gtis successfully no issues.anyway let me know what you find out about this guy.

Raffoul232

Passed Driver's Ed
did you find out what company he deals with? i know another tuner.he is a unitronic and piasini tuner. i went to kazan because i spoke with arin who confirmed to me that kazan's files are all from apr. i just didnt check to see if kazan knows what he's doing. anyway , you learn from your mistakes. i'm gonna go with a 900$ piasini tune. he has already tuned 6 mk6 gtis successfully no issues.anyway let me know what you find out about this guy.

No problem, I'll ask the dealer at seat and max about him. Btw the dealer at seat told me to go to a place called chiptuning. He said abt collaborates with them. Btw who's piasini and where is he opened, cause I'm really interested in getting a remap done.

Djunited1

Go Kart Champion
No problem, I'll ask the dealer at seat and max about him. Btw the dealer at seat told me to go to a place called chiptuning. He said abt collaborates with them. Btw who's piasini and where is he opened, cause I'm really interested in getting a remap done.

AM Performance 3a nahr l mot. piasini is an italian tuning company. but at 700 euros its expensive. i havent heard of chiptuning here in leb.let me know what you find out.

Raffoul232

Passed Driver's Ed
AM Performance 3a nahr l mot. piasini is an italian tuning company. but at 700 euros its expensive. i havent heard of chiptuning here in leb.let me know what you find out.

Well 900$ is expensive i agree, but might as well go to abt in my opinion for a remap at that price. Btw can you be more specific with the location of kazan and am performance?

Djunited1

Go Kart Champion
Well 900$ is expensive i agree, but might as well go to abt in my opinion for a remap at that price. Btw can you be more specific with the location of kazan and am performance?

Nahr l mot,inta w tali3 3al roumieh fi bineyit l khibz l yawmeh 3a yaminak bitsir.
Am performance bisir bi 2afa l bineye.
I want give you kazan's adress,jst don't go there man :p