GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR or MagnaFlow?

Austin_W

Go Kart Champion
I'm not, I'm clearly just asking for members opinions... Didn't know it was such a crime to ask for opinions:fighting0030:

The AWE exhaust is expensive, and it's probably the only one thats 2.5", where 95% of other exhaust are 3". They have their reasons. I think the exhaust tips look ridiculous going from 2.5 to 4.

GP813

Ready to race!
I'm not, I'm clearly just asking for members opinions... Didn't know it was such a crime to ask for opinions:fighting0030:

I was just messing with you. Awe sounds pretty good. Pretty loud on the R I heard it on

Ax722

Hahaha I know, that's why I put the boxing guy lol. Awe is cheaper than Apr it seems. 1k for a Cbe is pretty steep. Is it loud as annoying loud on the highway? Or a decent loud?

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Looks and tips: MF

Sound overall: MF

Probably a tad quieter: APR

Cost: MF

Power gains: n/a

Preference: listen and ride in both cars, decide from there.

Personally, I feel that the APR tips look terrible, as in they look they came off a Camaro and stick out past the rear bumper. The MF's are tightly put under the bumper and have a great rolled tip look. The car also sounds like a small block V8, imho. For the price, you can't go wrong on the MF.

That said.. if you add a dp later, even if catted and resonated, it will get louder, but that goes for anything.

AWE - also have experience with this exhaust. I would venture to guess the muffler box is made by MF. Tips don't look as good at the MF, imho, and its MAYBE a tad quieter.

Fleron2301

Go Kart Champion
I drove on the highway with the magnaflow windows up no music, no drone at all. Barely audible until you get on it. I would even venture to say that stock + soundaktor on the highway is louder than my catted DP + MF.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
good point, removing the soundatktor can help with drone/noise.

SixSpeeder

Go Kart Champion
I drove on the highway with the magnaflow windows up no music, no drone at all. Barely audible until you get on it. I would even venture to say that stock + soundaktor on the highway is louder than my catted DP + MF.

I'm noticing that a lot of the people who don't complain about drone generally live in fairly flat states. There's no getting past any drone or interior resonation in the Seattle area due to all the hills. If I lived in the Midwest of Florida, it really wouldn't be as much of an issue at all. But out here, it becomes glaringly obvious fairly quickly when you start to go up a steep hill at a decent speed, and all of a sudden, your passengers are asking you "what's wrong will your car, it just got really loud", and not in a good way. Especially on the freeway out here, when you start climbing a steep grade at 70 mph, there's no getting past any drone, and it's annoying as hockey pucks.

Fleron2301

Go Kart Champion
I'm noticing that a lot of the people who don't complain about drone generally live in fairly flat states. There's no getting past any drone or interior resonation in the Seattle area due to all the hills. If I lived in the Midwest of Florida, it really wouldn't be as much of an issue at all. But out here, it becomes glaringly obvious fairly quickly when you start to go up a steep hill at a decent speed, and all of a sudden, your passengers are asking you "what's wrong will your car, it just got really loud", and not in a good way. Especially on the freeway out here, when you start climbing a steep grade at 70 mph, there's no getting past any drone, and it's annoying as hockey pucks.

You're absolutely right - I forgot about that. When I had my SPM mounts, I really noticed the drone around Orlando international airport going up the ramps. The MF does drone around 2000-2500RPM and I can imagine going up an incline would make it loud. However at 3000 RPM and 75MPH, it's a quiet spot, at least for me.

barnes93cb

Go Kart Champion
Ive got the magnaflow to my stock dp and ill say it does sound nice. i cant speak for the apr catback. but my magnaflow has a nice rumble and sounds decent when you step on it. planning for a non catted or resonated dp so i can get alittle more sound. its a little too tame for me right now. theres also no drone

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
no cat or res + MF = loud