GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Tracking my MK6 2.5

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
That track looks amazing. So many fun looking layouts.
Yup, but seeing how hard the track is to learn I would prefer that it stays that way until I can learn it real good. There are a couple of corners that unless you pay attention to the land marks you can get confused.

I plan to drive COTA one of these days when I go see the F1.

Last edited:

MrFancypants

Autocross Champion
Yup, but seeing how hard the track is to learn I would prefer that it stays that way until I can learn it real good. There are a couple of corners that unless you pay attention to the land marks you can get confused.

I plan to drive COTA one of these days when I go see the F1.

I just had a quick look. COTA used to be absurdly expensive, like $1000 for a day. It's still not cheap but I found an organization running for $545 for a five session day, which I guess isn't terrible.

If I were in the same general area as you I'd be on the lookout for an opportunity to get on Watkins Glen.

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
I just had a quick look. COTA used to be absurdly expensive, like $1000 for a day. It's still not cheap but I found an organization running for $545 for a five session day, which I guess isn't terrible.

If I were in the same general area as you I'd be on the lookout for an opportunity to get on Watkins Glen.
Good choice, I've driven the Glen three times in my vintage Porsche, the last time was maybe seven years ago, I actually like it better than Canadian Tire Motorsport Park aka Mosport.

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
I've been sick with the Flu for a week, my Son tells me the Golf is creaky, drove it this morning to work and sure enough the shock bushings are noisy, really never took notice. No big deal this is normal for track driven cars, stuff wear and loosen. So looks like we have to soon install the Koni Sports Struts/Shocks I had waiting in the wings with new mounts and bearings.

[Warning: RANT]
I prolly will do some other things like retorque the Subframe Bolts and lube the rear swaybar bushings. Alignment will be done when the struts and shocks are replaced. Bleed the brake fluid as we've been cooking 'em.

Still need to find some light wheels for those 16 inch Michelin Pilot Sport AS3 tires. 17s may feel or corner a bit better but without a turbo power I want the lowest unsprung weight possible, so coming from 15s we need to use light weight 16s. Always been a trade off debate between time gained cornering Vs accel/speed gain on the straights Vs cheap to replace when you kill 'em.

The Shanonville Track near Bellville has a $7/ lap special going on; torn between fixing the creaking/doing the maintenance and taking off for Shanonville.

Last edited: