GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Focus ST vs GTI

CiHKAL1

Ready to race!
Putting lipstick on a pig only works for so long. Once a Fuckus always a Fuckus, it's a shame. No surprise really with the turbo mustang and RS due.

Dr Dad

Drag Race Newbie
Putting lipstick on a pig only works for so long. Once a Fuckus always a Fuckus, it's a shame. No surprise really with the turbo mustang and RS due.

theunholy

Go Kart Champion
I dont like the new STs wheels... looks a bit rice..but unless you need the hatch/4dr, if not.. WRX or mustang...

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
I heard the ST was closer to 300hp stock but they lowered the numbers on paper so it wouldn't effect mustang sales. Not sure if it's true, just something I was told by a ST owner.

NolaMKVI

Ready to race!
the front end is horrible, decent numbers for stock considering I ran a 14.5 consistantly on a stage 1 tune alone. price beats us brand new but I still wouldnt buy a fukus to save my life. I bet the inside feels cheap unlike our cars..

in the end its still a ford...

NolaMKVI

Ready to race!
I heard the ST was closer to 300hp stock but they lowered the numbers on paper so it wouldn't effect mustang sales. Not sure if it's true, just something I was told by a ST owner.

if it ran a 14.8 Im assuming that 252 is crank HP and not wheel. it did trap 3mph higher than me. I also ran on a hot as balls day and couldnt launch the poo poo dsg to save my life without spinning until 3rd.

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
First of all Ford is making great cars these days. I pushed my sister to buy a Focus. I also like the front end better in this iteration.

That said, it's 100lbs heavier than the mk6 (much less the mk7 with which it more aptly competes) and that 252hp has always been inflated in comparison to the GTI. The last gen was doing 215 to the wheels, where the mk6's and mk7' tend to make their rated horsepower at the wheels.

DerSock

Ready to race!
First of all Ford is making great cars these days. I pushed my sister to buy a Focus. I also like the front end better in this iteration.

That said, it's 100lbs heavier than the mk6 (much less the mk7 with which it more aptly competes) and that 252hp has always been inflated in comparison to the GTI. The last gen was doing 215 to the wheels, where the mk6's and mk7' tend to make their rated horsepower at the wheels.

Eh I used to work at a Ford dealership and I'm really not a fan of their cars. The interiors are terrible and fall apart all the time (yes, even the brand new ones sitting on the lot). The ST especially has a shit interior.. its all cheap plastic and the seats squeeze you to death if you are bigger than 150lbs...

Oh not to mention my brother's GF bought a focus and the clutch had to be replaces at 15k miles... it was an automatic too :iono:

theunholy

Go Kart Champion

I think not just ford, the three big american brands are making good cars these days... Corvette, ATSV, camaro, mustang, charger, SS, Fiesta/Focus ST/RS....etc..

NolaMKVI

Ready to race!

Im just not a ford car guy, and the fact that they make great cars now a days is solely your opinion, and mine was that I'd never buy a fukus.. or a poostang, or pretty much anything from them but a diesel truck.

with that being said I do think they are leading the domestic market vs dodge and GM, but then still, I wouldnt buy a domestic car other than an SRT/Hellcat/vette..

its better than the old fukus atleast :thumbsup:

CiHKAL1

Ready to race!
Just want to add the peak HP number is just that, a peak number and I believe that's achieved via their overboost feature.

I trapped 103.5 being stage 2 and 13.7. I'm glad I can walk a stock one no problem from a roll. Almost every ST I've come across is cocky thinking they're automatically faster, surprise.

syonxwf

Go Kart Champion

ROFL! That dude is full of shit, they make max around 235whp; Ford gives out crank horsepower numbers, unlike VW which gives out wheel horsepower numbers (for the most part).

the front end is horrible, decent numbers for stock considering I ran a 14.5 consistantly on a stage 1 tune alone. price beats us brand new but I still wouldnt buy a fukus to save my life. I bet the inside feels cheap unlike our cars..

in the end its still a ford...

The inside is cheap, plasticy, and felt like it was going to fall apart. I test drove two of them on separate occasions, they are so cheaply made inside. :barf:

Just want to add the peak HP number is just that, a peak number and I believe that's achieved via their overboost feature.

I trapped 103.5 being stage 2 and 13.7. I'm glad I can walk a stock one no problem from a roll. Almost every ST I've come across is cocky thinking they're automatically faster, surprise.

I've pulled on a stage 2 ST on E85 making 280whp/360wtq - they are weak cars that really don't make use of all the power they make. Hell I think a k04 GTI would likely beat a Big Turbo ST; I think the fastest BT ST I've seen was around a high 12 quarter, not super impressive (I searched for quite a while, and that is the fastest I've seen via a video. I've yet to see a timeslip for anything faster either).

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
ROFL! That dude is full of shit, they make max around 235whp; Ford gives out crank horsepower numbers, unlike VW which gives out wheel horsepower numbers (for the most part).

Good to know lol

I test drove one before I bought my GTI, but didn't really get a good feel for the power. All I know is it had some pretty good torque steer.

syonxwf

Go Kart Champion
Good to know lol

I test drove one before I bought my GTI, but didn't really get a good feel for the power. All I know is it had some pretty good torque steer.

All the torque steer of a Mazdaspeed 3 with none of the power.