GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Error code U0103

CLockyNH

Passed Driver's Ed
I have a 2014 gti and I was driving down the road. All the sudden my car would rev up but wouldn't accelerate. I had to turn the car off and back on a rn I would would get power again but his happens two more times beofre I got to my house within a 10 minutes period. When this happened the first time the epic light and cel came on. It only has about 29,000 miles on it. The light is off now but I'm scared to drive it. This has happened two other times but they weren't as dramatic as today. Anyone have any input on this?

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Basically the car decides to think it's not in gear which I think can be caused by a faulty gearbox temperature sensor or gear selector unit! Have you spilt anything around the gear shifter? I presume your car is a DSG?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

CLockyNH

Passed Driver's Ed
Basically the car decides to think it's not in gear which I think can be caused by a faulty gearbox temperature sensor or gear selector unit! Have you spilt anything around the gear shifter? I presume your car is a DSG?

I haven't touched anything on the transmission except for putting a dogbone mount in it. Yes it is a dsg.

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
You'll need to take it in to be diagnosed!

mediaeasier

Hello this is my first post. I dropped a tea over my golf 1.6 2011 DSG lever few days ago. Car now no longer working. AA recovered me and found the fault code U0103. Said the connector was corroded and lost connection. Im not going to go to vw but would like to find a non-rip off repairer nearby in West Sussex if anyone got any suggestions? thx

mediaeasier

Hello this is my first post. I dropped a tea over my golf 1.6 2011 DSG lever few days ago. Car now no longer working. AA recovered me and found the fault code U0103. Said the connector was corroded and lost connection. Im not going to go to vw but would like to find a non-rip off repairer nearby in West Sussex if anyone got any suggestions? thx

Local garage quoted a ridiculous price to replace the selector unit so attempting to do it myself.
I've removed the center console and now need to disconnect the cable from the gearbox. I can see the connector just pops off gearbox housing but how do I remove the cable from the mount?

Last edited:

Rjoge

Local garage quoted a ridiculous price to replace the selector unit so attempting to do it myself.
I've removed the center console and now need to disconnect the cable from the gearbox. I can see the connector just pops off gearbox housing but how do I remove the cable from the mount?
Hi mate, I have the exact same issue as I have spilt a drink in the over the lever. What did you do to fix the issue as I know a garage will want to charge my a lot for the repairs. Thanks