carlos33018

Ready to race!
local dealer has a 2012 golf r 24k miles, 4 door with nav and sunroof

the deal

28500 on the R

the trade

2010 GTI 2 door 38k factory 18 inch wheels, bi - xenons , sunroof

they are offering 16800.

I'm trying to get them to drop the price to 27k on the R, however they are not budging, best price is 28,500. MIGHT be able to do 28k.

Should I push them to 27 ? or is this a decent deal. Thanks!!!

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
they are getting you on the trade-in, from the sounds of it. Did you check your value at www.nada.com ? what condition is your car in? the R is only 28,500 because of the low offer on your vehicle. They are simply moving the money around. I'd be focusing more on your trade-in at this point.

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
Yes, definitely work the trade number up a bit. 17500 seems reasonable, so hit em up for 18 and them come down. Or, go for more. If they are firm on their price, tell them they need to work on the trade if they want the sell. Give and take my friend. Stay thirsty.

chinqutie

Go Kart Champion
From what they said, yes. it wouldn't hurt to try getting the most out of your car since they wouldn't budge on the R anyway like you said.

lilfleck

Go Kart Champion
Look closer at the value of your car... 17500 out of your car, the tax savings, and convenience should be good.

NoSpark

Go Kart Champion
Fyi I got $16500 trade in for my 2010 TDI (cold weather package only) with 46k miles. Granted I was only trading in for a GTI, not an R.

sent from mobile

carlos33018

Ready to race!
Looks like they are getting desperate. One thing I didn't mention is that there looks to be some side skirt damage. As in the body of the car is not perfectly straight with the line of the side skirt. Looks like someone hit a curb and had the frame painted , carfax is clean. They don't want to go lower than 28.5k and 16.8k on the trade. I feel like they could do better than that. What do you guys think ?

mercury26

lord of the rings
Honestly, that is way too much money for a car with 24,000 miles on it. Plus if it has any kind of body damage, then I would walk. You can spend another $6-7k and get a new R.

lilfleck

Go Kart Champion
I missed the mileage part. Skip the R. Walk away from them. They might budge if you turn your back. You in a rush to switch? If not, I would just wait.

Saabstory

.:R32 OG Member # 002
You don't know if that's all the damage there was man; walk away unless they meet your price; hell I'd fight for a warranty thrown in as well on it for the damage it may still have.

mikeyy

Ready to race!
They are def getting you on the trade-in, you check KBB, and nada? I would def check those sites and compare and show the dealership.

ElusiveGTI

Ready to race!
1) Take to a local mechanic you trust to be looked over.
2) Dealerships always backtack trades, I'm a salesman for a Ford Dealership.
3) Walk away if they don't meet your needs, call back in a day or 2 and give them an out the door price. List - Trade + Tax & Tags + Payoff = Out The Door Price. Say this is what I want and I will be down today if you meet this price.
4) This is all after #1, if the car does not check out WALK AWAY! Pay the hour mechanic fee and get everything looked at!

Good Luck :thumbup:

GTINAPLES

Ready to race!
1) Take to a local mechanic you trust to be looked over.
2) Dealerships always backtack trades, I'm a salesman for a Ford Dealership.
3) Walk away if they don't meet your needs, call back in a day or 2 and give them an out the door price. List - Trade + Tax & Tags + Payoff = Out The Door Price. Say this is what I want and I will be down today if you meet this price.
4) This is all after #1, if the car does not check out WALK AWAY! Pay the hour mechanic fee and get everything looked at!

Good Luck :thumbup:

Do this!!! That is what I did to get my GTI and they said to come in. They hate when you leave.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD