GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GFB DV+ Diverter Valve Kit - anyone has this setup, mang?

cons

Passed Driver's Ed
My logs before DV+ installation (APR K04 v.3.1 setup):

And after:

And comparison:

Solid lines - before DV+.

Do you see any difference?

Cryptic19111

Go Kart Champion
Logs won't be exact every run, even with the same parts, so I wouldn't consider that carved in stone. They are especially hard to match if they aren't run one after another so the weather is the same because the air pressure changes

was that with the springs in the dv+?

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
Yeah I did some logging (many pages back) and I needed many, many runs (20+) in order to demonstrate what my butt was feeling. In all it showed faster spool by 100mbar/sec over the full rev range on k03.

Edit: post 1090 in this thread.

My butt says that figure will be better with k04 though.

Sincerely, XGC75

RichBGTI

Ready to race!
Can pickup a DV+ for a good price from someone who isn't using it.

With F23T, worth it or not?

Thanks!

thewalkingdad

Ready to race!
This thread is back from the grave (again)!

I just spent the past three days reading the entire thread...

Coincidentally enough, I installed my DV+ (on my stock DSG) before finding this thread.

I haven't had any issues and there does seem to be a slight benefit to running it. I imagine the benefits will be more pronounced when I begin tuning. This mod was one of a few mods I wanted to have done in preparation for actually getting the car tuned.

Cheers

BudgetPhoenix

Autocross Champion
Just got mine in the mail. $123 shipped off ebay (reputable seller no its not a knockoff)

Currently stage 2 with a Rev D. Hoping this fixes my boost surging/leaking problems. Ive tried replacing with new PCV, Rev D, intercooler o-rings. I can still hit 21psi though

BudgetPhoenix

Autocross Champion
Wow the DV+ fixed all my boost fluctuation issues I cant believe I tried so long to fix it even had new rev d, pcv, intercooler seals etc

hbrown0509

Go Kart Champion
Still confused on he consensus if people with DSG need the spring or not? I have had mine with the spring ever since I installed it and still not sure. Also, installed the Unitronic DV relocation kit and will get a whistle with DV+. Trying to figure out if I have a leak somewhere since I'm hitting only around 15 psi and should be hitting around 20 on my GIAC tune.

thewalkingdad

Ready to race!
Still confused on he consensus if people with DSG need the spring or not? I have had mine with the spring ever since I installed it and still not sure. Also, installed the Unitronic DV relocation kit and will get a whistle with DV+. Trying to figure out if I have a leak somewhere since I'm hitting only around 15 psi and should be hitting around 20 on my GIAC tune.

NEED? No. Will a DSG benefit? Yes, but only very slightly. I have a DSG and I have a DV+ and I like it.

I'm on stock tune and not many other mods, so I can't help you with the relocation or boost leak issue.

hbrown0509

Go Kart Champion
NEED? No. Will a DSG benefit? Yes, but only very slightly. I have a DSG and I have a DV+ and I like it.

I'm on stock tune and not many other mods, so I can't help you with the relocation or boost leak issue.

Thanks for the input. Once I get my car back I'm gonna fiddle around with the setup to see what I like best and try to figure out the boost issue. I just realized you commented on the other post as well! :thumbup:

mistaleungg

Go Kart Newbie
For those with DV+, do you buy a new DV during installation or use the old one?

SleezyB

I just install my DV+ on the weekend to get rid of the "flute" sound from my open intake. The flute noise is gone but I have noticed my intake is a lot quiter now and don't get as much turbo noise when I let off the throttle like I used to which I liked.

My question is, is there a way to get some of that blow off noise back but still have that "flute" noise taken care of?
I have heard people removing the wider spring from this DV+ on DSG equipped cars which mine is? Will that make the Diverter valve louder like the stock one again? And what else does taking out the spring do?

Thanks.

BudgetPhoenix

Autocross Champion
I just install my DV+ on the weekend to get rid of the "flute" sound from my open intake. The flute noise is gone but I have noticed my intake is a lot quiter now and don't get as much turbo noise when I let off the throttle like I used to which I liked.

My question is, is there a way to get some of that blow off noise back but still have that "flute" noise taken care of?
I have heard people removing the wider spring from this DV+ on DSG equipped cars which mine is? Will that make the Diverter valve louder like the stock one again? And what else does taking out the spring do?

Thanks.

I think by removing the secondary spring your removing what GFB calls the TMS advantage feature. Basically what makes it more responsive than a regular DV (or so they claim) If you remove it, it will make the DV act as a regular Rev D just probably more durable. Also some people get a soft P2261 code with the secondary spring in. I have a DSG and leave both springs in.