GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone have tips on Carbonio installation?

somerset91

Ready to race!
Hi everyone.

I managed to find a Carbonio intake on a local 2.5L part out. I got most of the installation today but struggling to get one of the smaller pipes connected to the intake (not the secondary air intake--i got a small filter for that). The little plastic hose attached to the engine is about an inch away from the main intake and I can't muster up the strength to connect it. I've heard of people getting in as much as they can and then taping it up and I'd rather not do that.

I thought of getting some kind of plastic or flexible tubing and conncting it that way. Any thoughts, advice?

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
I know you're speaking to people wit this intake but if you really want help you should post pics of the problem.

somerset91

Ready to race!
Here are some pics (not mine) to show the pipe I am not able to fit. I managed to get it on by going to Home Depot and picking up a hose with a rubber piece.

Krautmobile

Ready to race!
That hose is a total PITA.

What I did was run the engine up to operating temperature, put a little bit of dawn soap on the O ring, then push it in while twisting it back and forth. It was worlds easier this way, and finally gave the satisfying click of the lock engaging.

Still requires some muscle though.

somerset91

Ready to race!
Yeah I heard it just needs to be forced on there. Being a skinny nerd, I had to go to home depot and get a little hose coupler and couple clamps. So far it's holding up well