GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Dash tear, Vw screwed me

Noodle1

Ready to race!
So I went to the dealership, they got rid of the previous refinishing company and now they're using a "good" company to redo all my wheels, I chose the wheels to be finished I a carbon steel grey color and hopefully they all turn out good. I'm getting a new key fob too. Last I was promised that the dash would look brand new, they're getting a "professional" to do the repair and they said it's kinda like a rubber welding process. We'll see though.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Speeddemon691

Go Kart Champion
So I went to the dealership, they got rid of the previous refinishing company and now they're using a "good" company to redo all my wheels, I chose the wheels to be finished I a carbon steel grey color and hopefully they all turn out good. I'm getting a new key fob too. Last I was promised that the dash would look brand new, they're getting a "professional" to do the repair and they said it's kinda like a rubber welding process. We'll see though.

I knew they were going to do that. they have companies that fill in or fix the crack, scuffs etc.

Dans GTI

Ready to race!
You have to be 25 to get a loaner from a dealer? What kind of BS is that.

Mercedes gave me a brand new c300 loaner, their requirement is at least 21 and proof of insurance.

Uberryan

Banned
Depends on the state, and the rental/loaner company.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Depends on the state, and the rental/loaner company.
This. For the state of Florida you need to be 21 to rent a car and if you are under 25 they hit you with a UnderAge Driver fee.

Carbon Steel

Go Kart Champion
Wow, if you don't mind me asking, how much was this repair? I would not have the dealership replace my entire dash and the I can live with the tiny tear, anyone know how I could ask to be compensated without coming off as a dick, I really like the dealerships management staff, it's only the 3rd party wheel refinisher I don't approve of.

No idea how much it cost. They scuffed it, it wasn't a tear but very noticeable.

So they replaced it.

Good luck with your repair, remember over time that area will get hot and cold ie contract and expand. Personally i think that if they damaged it, they should replace it.

Be nice or be a dick if necessary, the staff should like you and fix it correctly, your car and think if you would like to buy the car with a cracked dash that you would see every day.

So VW didn't actually screw you, the refinishing company did, correct.

Now VW should hold the refinishing company responsible, who they subcontract with???? To fix it correctly, ie replace it.

If they don't then VW dealer isn't supporting you (not vw) Get a lifetime guarantee on the repair.

If the dealer doesn't support you then call VW America and see what they say.

Last edited:

aj_law

Go Kart Champion
Lugnuts on the dash??!!

Is this real life?

JSwag420

Ready to race!
Lugnuts on the dash??!!

Is this real life?

When I had new tires put on at Costco once, I watched the tech literally throw his clipboard onto my dash from outside the window and watched it slide across it and slam into the windshield.

Noodle1

Ready to race!
So the dealer fixed my dash, it looks okay but what are you gonna do? Wheels look good though. They got rid of the first refinishing company now the new company did a good job. I'll get pics later

Boscogn

Go Kart Champion
So the dealer fixed my dash, it looks okay but what are you gonna do? Wheels look good though. They got rid of the first refinishing company now the new company did a good job. I'll get pics later
Shake ur noodle at them and then do a burnout.

In4pics

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
All I see is bird shit.

Noodle1

Ready to race!
lol Idk why the pics are so big, ill fix it soon