GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone order a new GFB DV+ recently?

Speeddemon691

Go Kart Champion
hey guys i just noticed that the newer version dv+ does not give the P2261/008801 - Boost Pressure Control Valve (N249): Mechanical Malfunction
code no more. i've been keeping an eye on that and surely enough no codes no more.

Laimface

Ready to race!
Thanks for the reply, scanned my car this morning definitely have boost issue. Found code
P2261/008801 - Boost Pressure Control Valve (N249): Mechanical Malfunction

Will disassemble and recheck the dv+, strange thing is car drives fine pulls really good definitely better than it did without the dv+ . Also the CEL didn't come on , cleared the code drove a bit and it came back.

Sent from my Pixel

Those codes are soft codes, no CEL. I have those codes too but no performance hits. If you have the big spring in the DV+, the code will show as the car thinks the DV is acting strangely by closing early.

ACHILLES R32

Drag Racing Champion
Those codes are soft codes, no CEL. I have those codes too but no performance hits. If you have the big spring in the DV+, the code will show as the car thinks the DV is acting strangely by closing early.

Thanks for the clarification i do have all the springs installed . But good to know was getting paranoid lol. The throttle response is definitely improved and i don't want to go back to tge stock dv.
Now i just need to sort out my tune[emoji1] going back and forth between unitronic and stratified . And the fact that its extra $ that i could use for other stuff instead of my car lol

Sent from my Pixel

zef

Drag Racing Champion
I've noticed my dv+ is covered in oil... I was told that's normal/blow by.. but reading everyones responses that doesnt seem to be the case..

Laimface

Ready to race!
Thanks for the clarification i do have all the springs installed . But good to know was getting paranoid lol. The throttle response is definitely improved and i don't want to go back to tge stock dv.
Now i just need to sort out my tune[emoji1] going back and forth between unitronic and stratified . And the fact that its extra $ that i could use for other stuff instead of my car lol

Sent from my Pixel

I'm with Stratified, I'd definitely go with the data logging refinements option too. I'm on my 5th revision now and my boost response is now on point! I doubt you'd need 5 adjustments though as you're running a USA engine. World market engines seem to work differently so needed more adjustment.

ACHILLES R32

Drag Racing Champion
I already did the discharge pipe a little while back. The last real bolt on was the charge pipe and it did make a nice difference. I don't have to hit the gas as much to achieve the same power.
Definitely agree Steve, after adding the charge pipe, the dv+ , neuspeeed fmic. My car definitely feels better (throttle response has improved and the car just pulls, so fun to dry once again . Already had the discharge pipe as well well
hey guys i just noticed that the newer version dv+ does not give the P2261/008801 - Boost Pressure Control Valve (N249): Mechanical Malfunction
code no more. i've been keeping an eye on that and surely enough no codes no more.

I must have gotten the old revision lol because im still getting that soft code will check the dv when i do my oil next week. Ordered from that Amazon seller as well

Sent from my Pixel

Last edited:

Speeddemon691

Go Kart Champion
Definitely agree Steve after adding the charge pipe and the dv plus the neuspeeed fmiccars definitely feels better. Already had the discharge pipe as well well

I must have gotten the old revision lol because im still getting that soft code will check the dv when i do my oil next week. Ordered from that Amazon seller as well

Sent from my Pixel

Also I changed out the DV to version "D" at the same time, but I don't think that has anything to do with it.

ACHILLES R32

Drag Racing Champion
Also I changed out the DV to version "D" at the same time, but I don't think that has anything to do with it.
Same here got the rev D piston one, you are right it should not since all the internals are replaced with the gfb bits.

Sent from my Pixel

ACHILLES R32

Drag Racing Champion
I'm with Stratified, I'd definitely go with the data logging refinements option too. I'm on my 5th revision now and my boost response is now on point! I doubt you'd need 5 adjustments though as you're running a USA engine. World market engines seem to work differently so needed more adjustment.
I hope i wont have to do 5 revisions lol, still trying to find are were are can safely log lol. Dyno will be too expensive if i have to do multiple revisions [emoji1]

Sent from my Pixel

Laimface

Ready to race!
I hope i wont have to do 5 revisions lol, still trying to find are were are can safely log lol. Dyno will be too expensive if i have to do multiple revisions [emoji1]

Sent from my Pixel

A dyno pull isn't good for a revision anyway, it loads the car up wrong. I'm lucky that I can legally go any speed I want to get the logs on most roads haha

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
what's the point of the dv+
that makes it better than just the
REV D

If I'm remember right...It's electric so it has a quicker response.

ruck

Ready to race!
Does anyone run a dv+t9301? More specifically anyone with a diverter valve relocation. It removes the electronic control of the valve but it allows someone with a relocation to avoid running the housing.

ACHILLES R32

Drag Racing Champion
A dyno pull isn't good for a revision anyway, it loads the car up wrong. I'm lucky that I can legally go any speed I want to get the logs on most roads haha
Lucky lol, thanks for the tip

Sent from my Pixel