GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

How about a MKVI and Acura RSX type S ?

Zone47

Passed Driver's Ed
:confused:

I have the RSX-S with 154K fairly easy miles and it's a pretty quick car in stock trim. My GTI only has 350 miles on it, so it's not a fair comparison .... but, the GTI at this early stage feels about as quick as the RSX on vtec, so it will be interesting once the GTI loosens up a bit. I can't afford any drag racing tickets so will just have to wait until someone else does it! :fighting0030: Both cars are 200 hp by the way.

jaycheetwood

Go Kart Champion
search feature would reveal the multiple threads beating up this topic and even with vids of actual races.

Zone47

Passed Driver's Ed
^ Omg you can search?

omg

1. Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms. The following words are either very common, too long, or too short and were not included in your search : rsx vs gti

There ya go .... :iono:

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
omg

1. Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms. The following words are either very common, too long, or too short and were not included in your search : rsx vs gti

There ya go .... :iono:

Try seaching off google "golfmk6 rsx vs gti", the seach tab on this forum is weak

Zone47

Passed Driver's Ed
torque is key. handling is also a factor. gti wins

Torque maybe numbers wise but it's not what I'm feeling in driving the car. The Acura is way more responsive .... maybe it is lighter? I guess I need to learn to rev the engine and slip the clutch more, I'm not used to no torque off idle.

Yeah, I think the MKVI has way better suspension.... at least it's not as punishing over large bumps, and the seats are super comfy!

L0WCLASS1

Ready to race!
Torque maybe numbers wise but it's not what I'm feeling in driving the car. The Acura is way more responsive .... maybe it is lighter? I guess I need to learn to rev the engine and slip the clutch more, I'm not used to no torque off idle.

Yeah, I think the MKVI has way better suspension.... at least it's not as punishing over large bumps, and the seats are super comfy!

I'd put anything if u are in a stock RSX and I'm in a stock GTI your going down..

GTmyI

Ready to race!
I'd put anything if u are in a stock RSX and I'm in a stock GTI your going down..

I dont know man...
0-60 or 1/4 mile you should be able to take the RSX type S

But after 1/2 mile... RSX will eventually start reeling u in....

MaliciousMK6

Go Kart Champion
oh silly calulator racers.....

RSXS is a good car but not really any competition for a GTI. The RSX can be fun, I owned one for 5 years with every NA bolton available. It was great but by no means a performance comparison tot he GTI. You really have to ring the shit out of it to get anywhere with a sense of urgency. The GTI is great at jamming around town easily and is much easier to tune up for moar powa!

D Griff

Go Kart Champion
Eh, stock for stock I think they'd be pretty close in most drag races.