GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf R vs The World! ;)

Stifun

Ready to race!
Hey guys,

Went out last night to a car gathering I organized with a good group of nice cars.

I was in my Golf R it is APR Stage 2+ and in this group of cars were Supra's, GTR's, Camaro's, STi's, corvettes, etc, etc.... Z's as well.

Lets get to the runs and who I raced and how I did against them. I had a go pro but it kept on giving me shit saying I needed an SD card, yada, yada.... I just borrowed it from a friend and didn't work so I have no video proof which sucks! But oh well.....

1st Encounter was against Camaro SS LS1: Mods- Intake, Headers and exhaust and not tuned according to owner. From 60-110mph-ish we were pretty even both of our cars.

2nd Encounter was against a poorly tuned Active Autowerke Supercharged SMG E46 M3 and we ran from 60 ish and it was short run to 100mph b/c of traffic and we were pretty even too! LMAO. I was shocked.......

3rd Encounter was against a Nismo 370Z with headers, intake and tune and I beat it up to 115mph or so by 1 car and half or so. I was really impressed by this car since it's only a 3.7L 6 cylinder and it hung with some people very well.

4th Encounter was against a C5 Corvette LS1 with intake headers and tune and I beat that as well by half a car to 1 car at the most from a 60mph punch. The owner of the vette was shocked and thoroughly impressed by my golf after our runs! LOL. Good buddy of mine.....

5th Encounter was against an '12 Subaru WRX STi with SPT catback and no tune and I beat him by like 3 cars or so from a 60mph punch. This car was the slowest by far in the group.

All in all the Golf R was a beast last night and all on pump gas. If I were to be running my race gas map I would of really showcased just how quick this car can be.

McQueen77

Banned
What does a stage 2+ R make at the crank?

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Sounds like your car is unbeatable

Stifun

Ready to race!
Wow, you go to Mexico more than people who live in Mexico!

:D

Well, somebody has to rep the for the Golf R community on the street. Most people there were not interested in running me and didn't take me seriously.

Needless to say, after the runs I had everyone's respect and they were truly shocked! LMAO

Winoman

Ready to race!
Pretty impressive - particularly against a supercharged M3. Were all these runs form a roll? Wondering how the AWD launches in an R would fare....

jaycheetwood

Go Kart Champion
How do you have a poorly tuned SC E46 M3.. the tune comes with the product. interesting runs for sure.

dallen13

Ready to race!
How do you have a poorly tuned SC E46 M3.. the tune comes with the product. interesting runs for sure.

AA e46 m3 will trap 116-119 mph in 1/4. Stage 2 Golf R on pump gas traps 108?? So if a K04 GTI was there it would have been fasted car there?

Stifun

Ready to race!
I agree with all the comments I was shocked at how well my car stacked up against some serious competition.

As far as the Supercharged E46 M3 I know they can be fast but one thing is 1/4mile and another thing is roll racing and anything can happen on the Street.

I have been racing for quite a while as my brother has a fast Supra TT and had a really fast STI so I know how to drive for sure. I don't know what to tell you I just know that the car's I mentioned have a new found respect for our little car's.

fkshtup

Ready to race!
Hey I'm in SA..we should me up :)

KOA789

Go Kart Champion
I agree with all the comments I was shocked at how well my car stacked up against some serious competition.

As far as the Supercharged E46 M3 I know they can be fast but one thing is 1/4mile and another thing is roll racing and anything can happen on the Street.

I have been racing for quite a while as my brother has a fast Supra TT and had a really fast STI so I know how to drive for sure. I don't know what to tell you I just know that the car's I mentioned have a new found respect for our little car's.

I agree with this as it makes perfect sense. I have been racing for a while too, and my buddy has a Veyron, so I run 10s with my 12 second car.