GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Subframe clunk (new clutch)

privman

Ready to race!
So I got my clutch installed/replaced about 230 miles ago. Starting to get a real bad clunk noise on the right side of my car. I provided brand new ECS set subframe bolts for the installer. Anyone know what it could be? Do I need to take it somewhere to make sure the bolts are torqed to spec or will a realignment fix it? I'm clueless.

privman

Ready to race!
New clutch, subframe clunk.

So I got my clutch installed/replaced about 230 miles ago. Starting to get a real bad clunk noise on the right side of my car. I provided brand new ECS set subframe bolts for the installer. Anyone know what it could be? Do I need to take it somewhere to make sure the bolts are torqed to spec or will a realignment fix it? I'm clueless.

privman

Ready to race!
Dead link. But yea yea yea. I was warned before that I would probably end up needing those. I just figured if they torqued the bolts right a new set would have lasted me a little bit.

kern417

Go Kart Champion
i tried to tell ya man. it's near impossible to center them properly without the washers. mine has the same clunk, but i'll be adding the deadset kit this winter.

privman

Ready to race!
I guess I will be to. Easy install or does a shop need to do this?

privman

Ready to race!
I'll need to get my hands on a torque wrench lol

zrickety

The Fixer
$20 at autozone, does the job.

privman

Ready to race!
Just bolts. 80$ set