Phur

Autocross Champion

Before

After

Just kidding. It’s during.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blakcard

Autocross Newbie
Well.....after 48 days I finally got my car back.
Back story me and a car carrier had a run in and the result was a loss of two wheels, 1 tire, 1 left front fender, scratches on bumper and dent in rear quarter. All damage to left side where he banged up against me.

The truck? Brief 4 ways put on then he just kept going.

After the deductible of which i had to pony up the difference for an OEM front fender as Insurance stated due to age the wouldn't replace with anything but aftermarket. SNORT... yea so i can have poor fitment and maaaaybe rust in 2-3 years? no thanks.
Got new wheels, new rubber...after the alignment had to replace some suspension parts .. finally started her up today when they handed me the keys and I was like wtf did you guys do to my exhaust?? Thing sounded so ricey and loud???!!! they claimed nothing do I'm going to put it on my buddy's hoist tomorrow to find out where the extra rice came from cause i do not like. If i go wot it's like a big boomy drone in the cabin. Where's my nice silent stealth bomber you never saw me coming jet gone? Ugh... well at least I have my car back.

Gave them a lil extra to paint the scrape that came with the car when i got it plus a door ding. I then take a look at the tally of parts they "replaced or fixed" and some serious BS on that sheet. Stuff no way they should be stating on there and they're allowed to get away with that?

Restore corrosion protection? how do you do that?

remove and install windshield molding? remove/install door handle? roof rail? some BS but i didn't have to pay for it. If it was coming out of my pocket i would have been "prove why you need to do that"

Phur

Autocross Champion

Phur

Autocross Champion
Thanks Vic! Don’t eat off of them yet though... they’re still curing. [emoji6]

SwiftGTI

Go Kart Champion
Joined the 60k mile club. Still enjoying that GTI life. Its replacement will be something more practical (SUV/minivan) so every mile we have left together is special :wub:

Attachments

• IMG_20171115_135025.jpg
    IMG_20171115_135025.jpg
    183.4 KB · Views: 59

Phur

Autocross Champion
Congratulations Swift! I have to ask myself though... more practical or just less efficient? [emoji848]

You reminded me though, I just turned over 55,000 a couple of days ago.

And today is my two year anniversary with the GTI.

My wife was very proud of me for not tearing them a new asshole for setting something on the hood of my new car. [emoji4]

jordy6

Passed Driver's Ed
I just got my clutch disk and flywheel replaced because it didn't disengage properly and gears grinded when going into first and reverse, holy smokes that makes a huge difference only now I realise how heavy my clutch pedal really was to press in it's like I'm pressing nothing now so light is it. It was expensive though [emoji31]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Phur

Autocross Champion