GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Topping up oil

Artysta

Ready to race!
Ive noticed the oil on the dipstick isnt totally full. What kind of synthetic oil would you guys recommend using?

DanSandGTI

Ive noticed the oil on the dipstick isnt totally full. What kind of synthetic oil would you guys recommend using?

Lubro Moly 5w-40 Full synthetic made in Germany. Meets the required VW 502 00 standard for our TSI's. I had used this oil in my MK5 GTI (FSI motors are notorious for oil burn) and still use it to top off my wife's EOS (FSI) between oil changes. Not only can you feel an incredible difference in engine smoothness with this oil, but I find it does not burn off at even a fraction of the rate of other oils (Castrol Syntec for instance)... not much of an issue for me now, since the TSI's are much improved as far as oil burn goes.

You can find Lubro Moly at most NAPA stores in the U.S. or at various online sites seeing that you are in CAN. A little pricey but worth it in IMO.

Attachments

• lubro.jpg
    lubro.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 428

Bengt18T

Passed Driver's Ed
Just make sure you car really needs extra. When I get done driving and check the oil right away, it shows I need some, but after I let it sit for ~10mins the rest of the oil drains back into the pan and it shows exactly full.

DawnsKayBug1

Go Kart Champion
Check out my Avatar

Killswitch24

Ready to race!
Just make sure you car really needs extra. When I get done driving and check the oil right away, it shows I need some, but after I let it sit for ~10mins the rest of the oil drains back into the pan and it shows exactly full.

This is my experience. For whatever reason with the MKIV 2.0T, the oil level on the dipstick varies a lot depending on conditions. Just like the owners manual *probably says, the oil level should be checked with the oil at operating temp.

If I check it cold, the dipstick shows at the bottom of the hatch marks. When the oil is hot and the engines been off for about 10 mins, the level is right at the top of the hatch marks.