GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2015 WRX

Rickybobbi

Ready to race!
Just was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on this vehicle. Looking into getting a new car in a couple months and cant decide. I'm leaning towards a 2015 Subaru WRX. 2.0L, 6 speed man, 264HP AWD not to shabby, but never owned a Subaru before.

BlueE30

Ready to race!
Always want to go towards a Subaru but don't know if I'll ever own one. Just notoriously unreliable and notoriously have engine issues (speaking mainly for the STI).

The WRX's I like more than STI's just due to every STI engine blowing up, WRX's seem more reliable and not too much less performance. I like hatch's to much so if they came out with a WRX hatch again that was comparable to a GTI I would probably consider it as the AWD is a big plus for me.

gdub09

Ready to race!
Buddy of mine has a 16' and loves it. Stock and a ton a fun as its his first "performance" car. As for unreliable and engine issues that's not true. I could see "engine issues" with younger kids getting them and not knowing what they're doing but other than that they're completely reliable. My buddy had a 07 WRX and beat the hell out of it and the worst thing was he had to replace the rear end which Subaru covered. And I mean he ABUSED that thing, it held up for quite a while before that rear end gave out. I mean they're rally cars turned into road cars.

brobst

Go Kart Champion
My friend put an intake on his and it was struggling. Their ecu technology is nothing like vw. They look cool but its no vw interior.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Rickybobbi

Ready to race!
I kinda like the interior...has double screen with a boost gauge.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

gijoewoz

Go Kart Champion
The interior quality isn't up to par with the GTI. I went from a Subaru to Volkswagen and I really do miss a lot of things about the Subaru, but the interior is not one of those things. I'm not sure where BlueE30 is getting his info, but Subaru's are bulletproof, if reliability is a concern the Subaru will be much more reliable than a GTI, and when it does break will be much less expensive to repair. I love the way the GTI handles, but Subaru's all wheel drive feels even better. Exiting corners quickly in the GTI leads to wheel spin, in a Subaru you can pull much harder out of a corner (at least the perception is that you can exit a corner faster, and isn't perception more important to fun than the actual clock?).

I have no doubt whatsoever that you would love a WRX.

CHerna

Ready to race!
I have a few friends that have the WRX. They preach the FA20 is way better than the crap EJ in the STI.

BlueE30

Ready to race!
The interior quality isn't up to par with the GTI. I went from a Subaru to Volkswagen and I really do miss a lot of things about the Subaru, but the interior is not one of those things. I'm not sure where BlueE30 is getting his info, but Subaru's are bulletproof, if reliability is a concern the Subaru will be much more reliable than a GTI, and when it does break will be much less expensive to repair. I love the way the GTI handles, but Subaru's all wheel drive feels even better. Exiting corners quickly in the GTI leads to wheel spin, in a Subaru you can pull much harder out of a corner (at least the perception is that you can exit a corner faster, and isn't perception more important to fun than the actual clock?).

I have no doubt whatsoever that you would love a WRX.

Sorry.... Subaru's are not bulletproof especially the STI EJ engine. Maybe you haven't browsed the Subbie forums for how many STI owners blow them up... That being said, I'm sure the newer ones are better than the older ones and even the older ones are probably still more reliable than a GTI overall.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
I drove one before getting the mk7 i used to have. Definitely liked it. Its nice in and out. Good ride quality, didnt feel all too quick though. My buddy who is a subaru guy and subaru mechanic advised me to stay away from it amd get an older wrx hatch.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
every Subaru i have ever seen has gotten ringlands failures at some point or another.
STI check.
WRX Check.

Uberryan

Banned
Wouldn't recommend it.

gijoewoz

Go Kart Champion
Sorry.... Subaru's are not bulletproof especially the STI EJ engine. Maybe you haven't browsed the Subbie forums for how many STI owners blow them up... That being said, I'm sure the newer ones are better than the older ones and even the older ones are probably still more reliable than a GTI overall.

He wasn't asking about the STI EJ, was he? Also, the engine is just one part of the equation. From an ownership perspective the Subaru will be broken far less, and is much easier and cheaper to repair.