GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

140 mph!!

91gl

Ready to race!
buy a b5 S4 / thread

Why, with a stage 3 kit he'll beat 90% of stage 3/tial 605 b5 s4's out there. The b5 s4 isn't shit anymore, it's all skewed dyno numbers and FATS times then they lay an egg at the track. There are only a handful of quick ones left.

Plus, raced a stage 2 b5 s4 last night along with my buddies vast gt28 car and the stage 2 car could barely put 2 lengths on me to the top of 4th. Pathetic.

JewFro

Ready to race!
Why, with a stage 3 kit he'll beat 90% of stage 3/tial 605 b5 s4's out there. The b5 s4 isn't shit anymore, it's all skewed dyno numbers and FATS times then they lay an egg at the track. There are only a handful of quick ones left.

Plus, raced a stage 2 b5 s4 last night along with my buddies vast gt28 car and the stage 2 car could barely put 2 lengths on me to the top of 4th. Pathetic.

B5 S4 slow? Hardly. My buddy has K04's on his (is that stage 3?) and regularly runs mid 11's.

91gl

Ready to race!
B5 S4 slow? Hardly. My buddy has K04's on his (is that stage 3?) and regularly runs mid 11's.

Reading out of context. Said 90% of them will get walked on by a stage 3 gti. And it's the same thing with every b5 s4 owner or his friends, they think cuz someone else ran a mid 11, they all do when in reality 90% of stage 3 s4's run anywhere from mid to low 12's with a trap of 113-115. Let's hear about your buddies setup, what tune? And videos to prove the time? I'm sure this was done on race gas and not full street trim. The fastest PUMP gas stage 3 s4 ever ran an 11.9. Not that many people know that little fact

06gsxr1000

Go Kart Champion
I'd be content with stage 3for a while....until stage3+ is added... I just took a 2007 s4 (stock) on trade, my stg2 is def quicker... It n/a so idk.... I actually wasn't impresed

TrogdorsWraith

Ready to race!
Did VW mess with the gearing in the 2011's and up? I'm only K04 and I can EASILY go past 160 without hitting redline in 6th. It just wants to keep going after that. Heres a vid of a stg 1 APR car doing 166MPH. Granted its in Germany "I think" but you should be able to go faster then that. I need a gopro.....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBeBcNQXdeo

Halvie

WOOSA
I'd be content with stage 3for a while....until stage3+ is added... I just took a 2007 s4 (stock) on trade, my stg2 is def quicker... It n/a so idk.... I actually wasn't impresed

NA S4/RS4 are terribly unimpressive. They should stick with FI engines (not counting v10 r8).

HardCandy

Go Kart Champion
Reading out of context. Said 90% of them will get walked on by a stage 3 gti. And it's the same thing with every b5 s4 owner or his friends, they think cuz someone else ran a mid 11, they all do when in reality 90% of stage 3 s4's run anywhere from mid to low 12's with a trap of 113-115. Let's hear about your buddies setup, what tune? And videos to prove the time? I'm sure this was done on race gas and not full street trim. The fastest PUMP gas stage 3 s4 ever ran an 11.9. Not that many people know that little fact

Im not sure what all the b5 s4 hate is about ???
but my stock b5 s4 was a lot quicker than my gti and yea a stage 3 gti might pull harder from a roll than a stg 2 s4:iono:...

But drive the two cars at over 120mph and you will know the B5 S4 is a much better high speed platform. heavy, more aero dynamic and it has more displacement all good things for top end. IMO

91gl

Ready to race!
NA S4/RS4 are terribly unimpressive. They should stick with FI engines (not counting v10 r8).

Do you really think so? Have you ever driven a well sorted out b6 s4? Everything is all speculation. I beat stage 3 b5's regularly. Mine went 11.9 on pump with only 6 psi from JHM's supercharger kit while short shifting second and screwing up my 2-3 shift. That was my first and only time on this setup. Should go much faster now that I'm used to it and also stripped the interior. Hoping to knock on 10's doors with this setup.

I also have a motor being worked on with forged rods, pistons and worked heads to where we are doubling the boost. Hoping to go deep into the 10's with that.

91gl

Ready to race!
Im not sure what all the b5 s4 hate is about ???
but my stock b5 s4 was a lot quicker than my gti and yea a stage 3 gti might pull harder from a roll than a stg 2 s4:iono:...

But drive the two cars at over 120mph and you will know the B5 S4 is a much better high speed platform. heavy, more aero dynamic and it has more displacement all good things for top end. IMO

Everyone thinks the b5 s4 is the be all end all but it's through misinformation that people think that. A few are fast, most are not much faster than even a k04 mk6 let alone stage 3. And that's stage 3 b5 I'm talking about. The tial cars are the biggest jokes.

As for high speeds, not much different with the mk6. B5 ko3's suck wind past 120, upgrade them and your good. The op is talking about his stock turbo gti having a rough time past 140. Put a k04 or stage 3 kit and he's cruising.

John Y1

Ready to race!
Something's wrong here. You should be able to go past 140mph with Stage-2.

This guy is correct; no 2.0T GTI is drag-limited to 140mph, a stage 2 should have plenty of power to rev past 5500 and produce a substantially higher top speed, especially since the OP was probably looking at his speedo for that figure, which likely was reading high anyway.

My GTI maxes out at about 153. It is only Stage 1, and was barely slower stock - most of the added power from the Stage 1 has bled off by the time you reach 6k rpm.

Uberryan

Banned
You can i have you just need balls!! lol