GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Hi

kitoyskie1285

Ready to race!
Hello mk6ers gti! I need some help!! I just bought a dg springs to gti dsg 4 door... Do I need to install something beside the dg springs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sebastian89

Ready to race!
OK, here's what I'd change.
Axle bolts (they're stretch bolts, this is a must)
LCA nuts (not necessary the first go around, but they're like 70 cents x 6, just do it)
Top hats ( depending on your mileage, you might get away without it - I'd do it, because I wouldn't want to do it over again when I start hearing clicking sounds)

kitoyskie1285

Ready to race!
OK, here's what I'd change.
Axle bolts (they're stretch bolts, this is a must)
LCA nuts (not necessary the first go around, but they're like 70 cents x 6, just do it)
Top hats ( depending on your mileage, you might get away without it - I'd do it, because I wouldn't want to do it over again when I start hearing clicking sounds)
do you know what is the serial number for that hardware? Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jshay

Go Kart Champion
Makes your life a bit easier though. I did it without dropping the axle and wanted to just burn my car down.

APdubbin

Ready to race!
Good input from Sebastian, but I did none of that. I installed the DG springs with no additional hardware in 2012. Three years later and everything is fine besides a slight squeaking at times (varies according to temperature). Not saying to do what I did, however, I have no issues.