GOLFMKV

Review: deautokey interior LED kit

bry_gti

Reverse Driving Champion
https://vimeo.com/101984748

Thanks deAutoKey!

MyStro023

Ready to race!
I have to agree. My lights have been spot on throughout the interior. I bought the entire kit (including the rear license plate lights).

People joke about never losing me in the dark until I take off like a madman on the freeways. They also joke they don't need headlights running because my LEDs are brighter. LOL

Only one array has an issue - my driver side footwell seems to flicker every so often (red color array for those wondering). I can't pinpoint it, and it isn't all the time, but it was the first array I installed, and is the only one to have this issue. It flickers at idle as well as during driving.

Otherwise, when at a stoplight and I turn a light on... wham, thanks I'm happily blind now LOL.

blue_mkvi_gti

Ready to race!
Got my 2012 two door Shadow Blue less than a week ago. Upgraded from a 2007 Jetta Wolfsburg, the Wulf Pup, I drove it like a jeep/1977 trans am and he loved every minute of it. This is my first post. I have learned a ton already from everyone on here.

Anyway, I installed the interior kit with red footwells (asked for the 'less intense' license plate), reverse lights, and rear and front front turn signals. A huge improvement and the reverse lights might be brighter than my headlights, at least the low beams. Money well spent.

Last edited:

reshwitz

Ready to race!
I have to agree. My lights have been spot on throughout the interior. I bought the entire kit (including the rear license plate lights).

People joke about never losing me in the dark until I take off like a madman on the freeways. They also joke they don't need headlights running because my LEDs are brighter. LOL

Only one array has an issue - my driver side footwell seems to flicker every so often (red color array for those wondering). I can't pinpoint it, and it isn't all the time, but it was the first array I installed, and is the only one to have this issue. It flickers at idle as well as during driving.

Otherwise, when at a stoplight and I turn a light on... wham, thanks I'm happily blind now LOL.

The flickering is a known issue. I just installed a kit and the passenger footwell + one of the domes flickered for a while. It stopped doing it on its own.

If it keeps doing it, you can fix it /w VAGCOM.

http://deautokey.com/led-diy-faq-customer-reviews

deAutoLED.com

GolfMK6 Official Vendor
The flickering is a known issue. I just installed a kit and the passenger footwell + one of the domes flickered for a while. It stopped doing it on its own.

If it keeps doing it, you can fix it /w VAGCOM.

http://deautokey.com/led-diy-faq-customer-reviews

Yes, the cold diagnostics of the car which sends high volts of electricity MIGHT cause the LEDs to act in this way, we always suggest shutting this off through VCDs to avoid any issues that these high volts might cause.

Most of the time it doesn't effect the LEDs though.

808bahn

Ready to race!
On the 2012, in my case, the Cold Diagnostics are not available.

Yes, the cold diagnostics of the car which sends high volts of electricity MIGHT cause the LEDs to act in this way, we always suggest shutting this off through VCDs to avoid any issues that these high volts might cause.

Most of the time it doesn't effect the LEDs though.

deAutoLED.com

GolfMK6 Official Vendor
On the 2012, in my case, the Cold Diagnostics are not available.

It should be available for a few areas of your cars, license plate/footwells.

Also driving with your footwell LEDs off will prolong the life of these LEDs, when you accelerate, high volts are sent to the LEDs, and if they are on, it could burn out the resistors.

Thank you

808bahn

Ready to race!
Not in the 09-Cent Elect section, in my case. I followed the link from your website that directed me to VWVortex thread. I have the rear LED back up lights, License plate LED, as well as, the LED turn signal lights. They flicker upon starting the car, except for the License Plate.

It should be available for a few areas of your cars, license plate/footwells.

Also driving with your footwell LEDs off will prolong the life of these LEDs, when you accelerate, high volts are sent to the LEDs, and if they are on, it could burn out the resistors.

Thank you

deAutoLED.com

GolfMK6 Official Vendor
Not in the 09-Cent Elect section, in my case. I followed the link from your website that directed me to VWVortex thread. I have the rear LED back up lights, License plate LED, as well as, the LED turn signal lights. They flicker upon starting the car, except for the License Plate.

That does not seem like something VCDs can remove with any LED on the market, but the flickering at start up looks pretty cool in my opinion.

MarkVIChris

Ready to race!
I love these lights! Only one slight problem? Passenger side footwell light went out, and the overhead lights are flickering? Not sure why this started happening.

deAutoLED.com

GolfMK6 Official Vendor
I love these lights! Only one slight problem? Passenger side footwell light went out, and the overhead lights are flickering? Not sure why this started happening.

Thanks for the feedback. And sorry to hear about the issues you are having.

deAutoKey has a lifetime warranty on all their LEDs, you can fill out the form linked below and they will let you know how to receive your new LEDs:
http://deautokey.com/rma-warranty-claim-form

TorontoDUBBER

Ready to race!
I'm expecting to receive my LED kit later this week. I don't think that my Canadian 12 Golf TDI highline has foot well lights. Does this mean that I don't have a bulb or don't have an actual socket wired in?

Update:
I checked the car out and haven't found a socket where i think there should be one. Does anyone know if i can retrofit the plug for foot well lighting?

Last edited:

MyStro023

Ready to race!
I'm expecting to receive my LED kit later this week. I don't think that my Canadian 12 Golf TDI highline has foot well lights. Does this mean that I don't have a bulb or don't have an actual socket wired in?

Update:
I checked the car out and haven't found a socket where i think there should be one. Does anyone know if i can retrofit the plug for foot well lighting?

I'll take pictures tomorrow of their locations in my GTI. not sure what the part number is either for the footwells light assembly. On the American GTI, they have clip in light plugs.

Have you also checked your MFD under settings? There is an option for footwells control in their I believe as well. You can completely shut them off there if they are installed and control is enabled.

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk