GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ChiChat16:Race For 10K Posts - Will Achieve Oct 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
So in the back side of the motor by the charge pipe there is a lot of oil collecting on the clamp of the charge pipe. I also see it on the motor itself. I am thinking its the gasket/seal there but I dont know how difficult it would be to replace.

Ohh yeah that's normal. A catch can will help with that. Otherwise you can change the charge pipe to an S3 pipe which eliminates that shitty O-ring coupler that always leaks. Only works with aftermarket intercooler pipes though.

dustbunny227

Autocross Champion
Unless that's your rear main leaking on the other charge pipe by the throttle body. Take pics!

Thats what I was hoping it WASNT... Ill take some pics on lunch around 11. I guess its time to get a catch can if it is just the normal oil leak.

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
Ohh yeah that's normal. A catch can will help with that. Otherwise you can change the charge pipe to an S3 pipe which eliminates that shitty O-ring coupler that always leaks. Only works with aftermarket intercooler pipes though.

Any idea if the S3 pipe will work with a Golf R intercooler? Entertaining doing that to my car.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
Fuel filter is easy, dont open your driver side door .

no joke
More bushing work on the rear end.

Have plenty of rags handy, maybe even tie one around your wrist. Nothing worse than gas running down your arm and into your armpit. Ask me how I know :mad0259:
sucks yeah, alittle bit of fuel goes a long way
The drivers door being open is what engages the fuel pump and primes the system. If the system is primed and you disconnect the fuel line then gas sprays everywhere under pressure for a sec. You want to remove the fuel lines when the system is not primed.
this^
Get to shop for the groomsmen stuff. She finally got her bridesmaids stuff all figured out. And I get to pick up my wheels and tires and maybe swap them. Local guy here does it for $60 to swap and balance the wheels and tires.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
not bad not bad
ohhh thats interesting. Didnt know that. Thats kinda cool. thanks for the tip
yeah crazy right, next time you open your door listen for it
SHTF at work, did some OT last Sunday. Hoping to just relax, as next week we close on our new house.
not bad, do you need boxes or?
more horsepower too

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
Hangout with some beers with a friend tonight. Tomorrow have a friend coming by, interested in buying a simulator. Sunday have a PCA tech team meeting.

In between all that, I hope to get the POS down on the ground and the garage cleaned up.

flying_solo

Go Kart Champion
Jabber congrats on new home and I too have a ton of boxes.

Also, had some plumbing done. Redid the whole house/RO setup with proper 3 way bypass and purge. Installed a new Flex 9500 Water Softner and also ran a new outside water spigot in the garage side that benefits from the Filtration and water softer. That should make car washing more better and stuff.

dustbunny227

Autocross Champion
Do you have well water there solo? Or is that just an expansion tank?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

flying_solo

Go Kart Champion
Yes I have well water. You see 3 expansions. One is the primary for the well and the small two are for the RO.

Lots of good live streaming racing today on PWC at COTA, unlike IMDA assholes you don’t need cable subscription to watch.

https://youtu.be/YmlThr1XNDM

flying_solo

Go Kart Champion
The Fleck water softner is the big boy and cost me $950. RO was about $600 with the expansion tanks and another $500 for the whole house filters. Add to that about $600 in labor to my cheap plumbing apprentice.

I was quoted by a few places $4k to have a softener and iron filter installed. In the end, I think I have superior water in my interior ;). I should now be able to wash my cars without worry of water spots as well.

The downside is, I do have about $250/year in filters to change.

Jaber

Modero
The Fleck water softner is the big boy and cost me $950. RO was about $600 with the expansion tanks and another $500 for the whole house filters. Add to that about $600 in labor to my cheap plumbing apprentice.

I was quoted by a few places $4k to have a softener and iron filter installed. In the end, I think I have superior water in my interior ;). I should now be able to wash my cars without worry of water spots as well.

Dang, in4cleanshower.

EJBGTIVI

Autocross Champion

Pricey, but worth it imo. I've never lived in a house with well water but one of my good friends growing up did. Shit was horrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.