GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Forge Wastegate

chippedgti

Go Kart Champion
Yesterday we looked at his boost gauge but today we took it back to the shop and ran some logs and indeed it originally requests 25 pounds on revo setting 9 for boost and then as he gets into his higher rpms it requests from 18-20 pounds till redline.

Arin I really don't know why you continue to instigate fights with me. You know I hate you and your tune. Stay out of my threads I'll stay out of yours grow up.

GunMetalGTI

Go Kart Champion
^^haha.....ya seriously. I don't care if he holds at 30 psi. whats the difference. The tsi is better motor and faster. I wouldn't worry about the wastegate. The mk6 needs a k04 to really be complete anyways.

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
ChippedGTI said:
Arin I really don't know why you continue to instigate fights with me. You know I hate you and your tune. Stay out of my threads I'll stay out of yours grow up.

I don't believe this is what one would call instigating a fight:

Arin@APR said:
Ughhhhh, FSI running 20 PSI to redline on a k03?

Yeah, I don't think that's accurate my friend.

Having worked with this engine for quite some time, I know that's simply not possible. Somethings not right.

Yesterday we looked at his boost gauge but today we took it back to the shop and ran some logs and indeed it originally requests 25 pounds on revo setting 9 for boost and then as he gets into his higher rpms it requests from 18-20 pounds till redline.

Here is another example of "something's just not right":

The highest requested boost you can see on vag-com on an FSI is around 2550 mbar.

You live in Miami. The average atmospheric pressure in miami is around 1000 mbar.

2550 - 1000 = 1550 mbar

1 bar = 14.5038 PSI

1550 mbar * .0145038 = 22.48 PSI

What that means is the maximum requested PSI you'll see on a vag-com log if the atmospheric pressure is 1000 mbar is 22.48 PSI, not 25 PSI.

It sounds like the gauge may be off and or the conversion factors you used to convert absolute pressure in mbar to boost pressure in PSI.

BTW, next time you run logs, log throttle position as well. It may actually be closing quite a bit!

chippedgti

Go Kart Champion
Granted could his boost gauge be off? Sure I'll agree with that but I honestly saw with my own eyes the logs. Could temp have a factor idk? It's. 97 degree day down here in Miami. This thread was made to simply praise forges good work on the wastegate and see if theyd make one for our car.

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
We don't need to keep guessing, just grab the logs and post them up. It was probably just a simple mistake... not a big deal.

Since the peak mbar is around 2550, maybe you just mistook that for 25 PSI. That makes sense and it's a simple mistake.

Furthermore, if that's true, it all makes sense. Why?

Well if you mistook 2550 mbar for 25 PSI, and then 1800 mbar for 18 PSI, the numbers add up.

1800 mbar - 1000 mbar = 800 mbar
800 * .0145038 = 11.6 PSI.

That's believable.

Djunited1

Go Kart Champion

keco

Passed Driver's Ed
someone has tried with the red spring on wastegate forge MK6 GTI with K04?