GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Post your sub setups!

jackgti1

Go Kart Champion
Jensen power 900 watt amp

12" Kicker L3 - 400w RMS/800w Peak.

Hits veryyy clean/accurate and bumps hard in the little open cabin :thumbsup:

If you open up the trunk port behind the backseat armrest, it makes a pretty solid difference in the amount of bass getting to you!

veedoubleme

Go Kart Champion
My setup is pretty simple, but quite effective. Here's my thread on it: UBER-STEALTH Under Floor Sub Install

It isn't going to blow anybody's mind, but really mates up to the Dynaudio system perfect and has zero compromise on space and hatch utility. The whole thing ran between $600 and $700 (no labor, I did it all myself). If I did it again, I wouldn't change a thing.

Sub enclosure: Uber-Stealth Audio Under Floor Box
Sub: MB Quart RLP254 10" Sub
Amp: JL Audio XD300/1 (300W @ 2Ω) using remote level control
LOC/Signal Correction: Audio Control LC2i

ride106

Ready to race!
My setup is pretty simple, but quite effective. Here's my thread on it: UBER-STEALTH Under Floor Sub Install

It isn't going to blow anybody's mind, but really mates up to the Dynaudio system perfect and has zero compromise on space and hatch utility. The whole thing ran between $600 and $700 (no labor, I did it all myself). If I did it again, I wouldn't change a thing.

Sub enclosure: Uber-Stealth Audio Under Floor Box
Sub: MB Quart RLP254 10" Sub
Amp: JL Audio XD300/1 (300W @ 2Ω) using remote level control
LOC/Signal Correction: Audio Control LC2i

Really clean, nice work. Love the remote knob by the shifter - perfect use for that space.

RuckU2

Ready to race!
See sig

locaelite

nice looking systems. I was hoping to keep my spare, but looks like i'll just have to throw it in the trunk when I go on long trips to southern california or field visits for work.

My install will be towards the end of august. just trolling around the forums to see what others have done.

@veedoubleme: do you feel like you have enough bass with your setup? I had an 10" image dynamics in my 6th gen accord and it wasn't enough :)

veedoubleme

Go Kart Champion
@veedoubleme: do you feel like you have enough bass with your setup? I had an 10" image dynamics in my 6th gen accord and it wasn't enough :)

It's enough for me, especially considering there is ZERO compromise on space. I would never put in a sub that took up any hatch space at all. Just too impractical since I'm a grown adult that owns a house and has lots of hobbies, so I actually use my car for stuff other than driving around.

If you've had a 10" sub and it wasn't enough, then you would probably want more. It's a shallow mount 10" so it's not going to hit as hard and deep as a high end 10" sub.

nadams5755

Ready to race!
i had an idq 10" v1 at one time and a pair of idq 10" v2s at another. neither were enough in my old cars.

that said, there's a pair of 10" arc audio blacks sitting by my back door. :D

waiting for some time & tools to get started on my setup. :(

locaelite

It's enough for me, especially considering there is ZERO compromise on space. I would never put in a sub that took up any hatch space at all. Just too impractical since I'm a grown adult that owns a house and has lots of hobbies, so I actually use my car for stuff other than driving around.

If you've had a 10" sub and it wasn't enough, then you would probably want more. It's a shallow mount 10" so it's not going to hit as hard and deep as a high end 10" sub.

I guess i'm a grown adult (although I still like my toys) and not losing any trunk space is really what i'm looking for. I will most likely sacrifice my spare since most of my driving is around the city and I have AAA. When I make work trips 45-80 minutes away I'll throw my spare in the trunk. I don't need my trunk for work space unless I'm leading trainings at our facilities which aren't more than a box of handouts + my laptop/usb drive.

Anybody use any Illusion products before? I'll probably go with the Illusion audio C12 12" sub

GoliathRage

Go Kart Champion

Stadpad

Go Kart Champion
jl audio 10w6 sub
not sure what enclosure i have
a big jl audio amp, not sure which one.
someday i will do something with the amp but thats the only place it will fit for now.

nvturbo

Go Kart Champion
^^^ as nice of an amp you're running, at least mount/secure it somehow. Putting a towel underneath it isn't considered insulation. :rolleyes: