GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 2.5 today?

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
What advantage does this give?

It stops the transmission from rocking back and forth during shifts leading to a sloppy feel and the feeling of the engine/trans about to fall out when you shift. The oem bushing is made of rubber, and has holes drilled in it to absorb the vibrations for comfort. The rubber gets worn out over time and leads to a very sloppy feeling. I could put my hands on the engine in the bay and literally rock it back and forth. Now it's completely solid.

The install was easy. Jack the car up on stands, support the trans with a jack from the bottom, remove the battery and tray, lift the wiring harness up and move it out of the way, remove the 6 bolts holding the mount in place...

Then you have to drill out the rivets holding the mount together - sounds bad but its really easy. You remove the oem bushing and replace it with the new poly bushing. I went with the BFI stage 1 bushing. Re install everything in reverse order.

The car drives so much better now and has a solid feeling during shifts. This will help with reducing wheel hop as well. For the price, you can't beat this mod. Pair it with an engine mount and it's even better.

Oem on the left, bfi on the right.

Mount removed and rivets drilled

After the rivets came off

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
Thanks Jay, you're wealth of information. I rocked my engine fore/aft, seems solid enough for now. I'll keep an eye on it.

eyedeas

Ready to race!
It wasnt today but I have installed the Black Forest Industries Stage 1 Engine, Transmission, and Dogbone mounts in my 2011 Golf and DAMN does it feel good!!! A little bit of vibration has been added but since driving it/breaking them in it has decreased notably but its still there...however its like a small back massage lol

donutpop365

Today we got our first snow here in Minnesota and Aubrey got her new winter shoes installed. They're General Altimax Arctics and wow do they work great! Drove the Honda CR-V with all seasons and my car with the Generals back to back and the difference is incredible. Stopping and turning are a breeze in my car versus just plowing straight forward with either braking or turning in the CR-V.

Have a couple other things I did a while back I ought to post here!

Now just have to do the ESC defeat so I can do some donuts ;)

Muratti

Ready to race!
Started to perform 80k maint.. Changed the spark plugs. DSG fluid and fuel filter next.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
After several years Ifinally figured out how to remove the connectors from the coil packs without using a screw driver to pry at it. I now start the car if the engineis stone cold. You have to push the connector in like you pluging in then squeeze the little handle down then pull back. Once you get it , it's as easy as pie.

Yayotas

Ready to race!
I just got mine tuned yesterday. I went with the UM tune. So far I love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yayotas

Ready to race!
I've been thinking of doing this but it's kinda pricey [emoji853]

I got it done during fixxfest so there was a little bit of a discount.

somerset91

Ready to race!
I got it done during fixxfest so there was a little bit of a discount.

Nice! I'm a little on the fence about this one. I don't want to mess with the warranty I have but I'll be damned if the 2.5l can't use a little more pep in it :D

donutpop365

Changed my spark plugs today and replaced the cabin filter. Also fixed an annoying rattle the climate control fan was making.

I used Bosch Plugs off Amazon and the Mann filter.

Everything went well except due to the Minnesota cold the engine cover was brittle and the rubber grommets holding it on were very stiff. As a result of this when I went to pull it up a corner piece snapped off :(.

Drove around a bit getting everything toasty and the cover came off as easy as pie, wish I had thought of the cold earlier. I waited a couple hours to do the plugs to let the engine cool.

The cabin filter was absolutely disgusting. I also took out the passenger side fan and removed a couple of leaves that somehow got in and were making noises.

Anyways, where is the best place to get a new engine cover?

I was thinking eBay or junkyards if I wanna go with the original. Otherwise if I splurge I could pick up an intake and swap for a beetle engine cover.

Thoughts?

somerset91

Ready to race!
I'd recommend the USP or BSH cold air intakes, as the APR carbonios are harder to find than Carmen Sandiego.

The beetle covers are pretty common on craigslist/junkyards

donutpop365

I'd recommend the USP or BSH cold air intakes, as the APR carbonios are harder to find than Carmen Sandiego.

The beetle covers are pretty common on craigslist/junkyards
Those both look really nice, especially since the APR was discontinued. I'm torn between this style and something like the Neuspeed P-Flo. I bet the true cold air intake style is more effective but I also worry that not only would the filter get filthy very quickly but also worry about the effects of snow and mildly deep water.