GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

very surprising 1/4 mile times

DvS21

Ready to race!
I have 6 mt and was running low 15's and high 14's I'll have to dig up my slips, I thought the times were kinda crummy my ET's were usually bad.

CodeB4U

Go Kart Champion
How much do you weight? How much gas was in the tank?

Don't you lose some HP because it's a DSG? Compared to Manual? (all the cars i have known lose HP...well not lose, but don't transmit all HP like a manual.

surrealchemist

Ready to race!
The Bugatti Veyron uses a 7 speed DSG because its too damn fast for a human to keep up with, so it does a pretty good job.

Does the car have an ECU flash? If its stock, I wonder what it would do after, or after adding other mods.

dubbinit

Go Kart Champion
Gotcha, learned something. Exactly why i wanted a car i didn't know much about. :w00t:

It's pretty intriguing, actually! The DSG uses two clutches that engage/disengage every gear--one for gears 1,3,5 and the other for gears 2,4,6. When one disengages (such as from switching from gear 2 to gear 3), the other engages.

JimmyT1

Passed Driver's Ed
Now do some APR electric Stage I magic on that car and really have some fun with it!!!

JimmyT1

Passed Driver's Ed
Did you get unnecessary wheel spin? I usually do when I launch and shift at the rev limit. Could be my tires though :p

From the vibration from start to the 30' line, it looked like he was getting some spin or hop. Improved motor mounts fix some of that along with launching (with LC) at a lower rpm and rolling into the throttle from the start. Great potential with the motor/trans combo from this car!! Enjoy!!!

dubbinit

Go Kart Champion
From the vibration from start to the 30' line, it looked like he was getting some spin or hop. Improved motor mounts fix some of that along with launching (with LC) at a lower rpm and rolling into the throttle from the start. Great potential with the motor/trans combo from this car!! Enjoy!!!

I tried launching from about 2K, easing on the gas, then switching out of 1st at about 6.2K, and the rest of gear switching between 6.2K and 6.5K--really improved my times. I want some motor/trans mounts though...