GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

close to invoice

blueshirts0819

Ready to race!
hi, I'm trying to find out anyone around NJ area able to get or order a GTI close to invoice. I'm trying to get a 5 door gti fully loaded msrp $30610 for January delivery and already one dealer told me they will only knock $500 off from MSRP. I just got up and left thinking is BS since their should be better deal else where.

Since the economy and the weak auto sales trend, I would think these car dealership will actually want to sell the car before it arrive at the dealership instead of playing these haggling games with you. I'm not faulting them trying to make money but I'm trying to get the best deal I can get. Any feedback will be great.

alfaracer

Close to Invoice

The AAA buying service shows dealers in the Philadelphia area that will sell the GTI I am interested in (2 dr. manual, Autobahn, 18s, Zenons) for $300 under invoice. The True Car report shows the average sale of the car at $500 over invoice.

Sounds like you should be able to do a LOT better than $500 off MSRP. Hope this helps.

blueshirts0819

Ready to race!
If you go to autodirect.com and config your GTI the invoice comes up.

My car is $30610 w/DSG, Autobaun, 18" rims, dyna audio, xenon, and bluetooth (forced option) and the invoice is about $28925.

Sorry, is suppose to be carsdirect.com , hope I didn't confuse anyone.

MikeW

Ready to race!
It's still "be the first one on your block" time. The newness will likely have to burn off a little before really good deals can be had routinely. I'm waiting till winter...

ashwinaj

Passed Driver's Ed
It's still "be the first one on your block" time. The newness will likely have to burn off a little before really good deals can be had routinely. I'm waiting till winter...

Jay P from askvwsalesguy(he gives unbiased answers even though hez a sales guy) says that there won't be any specials anytime soon :( which is what I was hoping for, unless sales figures for the GTI are really poor.

This puts me in a dilemma: should I wait for a deal a few months from now or take advantage of the sales tax deduction?

wholesome

Passed Driver's Ed
hi, I'm trying to find out anyone around NJ area able to get or order a GTI close to invoice. I'm trying to get a 5 door gti fully loaded msrp $30610 for January delivery and already one dealer told me they will only knock $500 off from MSRP. I just got up and left thinking is BS since their should be better deal else where.

Since the economy and the weak auto sales trend, I would think these car dealership will actually want to sell the car before it arrive at the dealership instead of playing these haggling games with you. I'm not faulting them trying to make money but I'm trying to get the best deal I can get. Any feedback will be great.
According to the link below, you can get the car you want (GTi mkVI) for almost a thousand less than the invoice price.

http://www.carbuyingtips.com/car1.htm

And yes its possible. My firend got his Toyota FJ Cruiser using tips from this website and he got a killer deal!

Also check this website out to see what people in your area is paying for the car you want:

www.edmunds.com

...Happy buying.

-wholesome

blueshirts0819

Ready to race!
Thanks everyone, actually I ordered the car from millennium vw close to where I live few days ago. The salesman was honest and straight foward. Agreed on $400 over invoice and put a deposit down. The problem is waiting 3 months for the car..ahhh..is killing me.

Rocco Siffredi

Nice, the sales guy I am dealing with in San Francisco says they sell at MSRP. I am trying to work him down. If I wait until the end of the month, I bet I can get close to your deal.

darknightohio1

Ready to race!
Dealers in Ohio are ready to deal. Already I have my sales guy offerering me $25,500 on a car with Xenon, 18s and sunroof, MSRP is $27,115. That is just the initial offer, i am hoping to get $24,000 even.