GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

SoWalGTI

Autocross Champion
Very tempted to switch from APR to either Eurodyne or Unitronic. I have a K04 with the low output file currently, and am too lazy to drive hours to get the correct file. I want to be able to flash my car at home in the driveway, and not feel like a perv when I do it. Any of you guys have Eurodyne or Unitronic K04 software that had APR before? OR is APR v3.1 as good as it gets for K04?

I've had Unitronic K04 for 8 months now. Car runs flawlessly, has put down consistent dynos at 335whp and is a beast to drive. I did not have an APR tune at any point before Unitronic, but have had a couple guys with APR tunes (one with K04) ride with me and told me how smooth and strong the car was. I like you, wanted to have more control over my car and the tune, so Unitronic was a no-brainer. I will say their staff has been super helpful answering questions, providing tweaks and updates to my tune, etc.

93serprise

Ready to race!
I've had Unitronic K04 for 8 months now. Car runs flawlessly, has put down consistent dynos at 335whp and is a beast to drive. I did not have an APR tune at any point before Unitronic, but have had a couple guys with APR tunes (one with K04) ride with me and told me how smooth and strong the car was. I like you, wanted to have more control over my car and the tune, so Unitronic was a no-brainer. I will say their staff has been super helpful answering questions, providing tweaks and updates to my tune, etc.

Thank you so much for the insight and input. I recently purchased the Unitronic stage 2 dsg tune, so I am definitely leaning towards them for the ko4 tune as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tdream1

Autocross Newbie
Very tempted to switch from APR to either Eurodyne or Unitronic. I have a K04 with the low output file currently, and am too lazy to drive hours to get the correct file. I want to be able to flash my car at home in the driveway, and not feel like a perv when I do it. Any of you guys have Eurodyne or Unitronic K04 software that had APR before? OR is APR v3.1 as good as it gets for K04?

I went from APR Stage 1 to APR K04 @4000 miles. I then switched to Unitronic at maybe 20K. I got a ride in an APR K04 3.1 and went right back to APR. I think the 3.1 is a solid tune and rips pretty good. I run the non-watered down 93 octane file. I liked the APR 3.1 K04 tune better than the Uni one. Nothing wrong with Uni at all. I had a lot of fun with it when I had it, but the APR 3.1 still surprises me. :thumbup:

1ashchuckton

Autocross Champion
Put it on a flatbed & sent it to the dealer.

Went to leave this morning & the brake pedal was hard as a rock. Drove slowly around the block & came back home because it had no brakes. I'm guessing a bad brake booster or a dead vacuum pump. I should know some time tomorrow. Thank goodness for a CPO warranty.

And the broken part is......

Got a call from the dealer. The brake vacuum booster check valve is bad. They'll have my car done tomorrow, the part is not in stock. The CPO warranty has saved me $382. :D

ahard48

Ready to race!
And the broken part is......

Got a call from the dealer. The brake vacuum booster check valve is bad. They'll have my car done tomorrow, the part is not in stock. The CPO warranty has saved me $382. :D

Good to hear. How many miles?

1ashchuckton

Autocross Champion
As far as I remember something like 37,500 miles. Not very many for a 2013, but as a retired guy I don't drive as much as I used to. Plus I split my driving between my Miata & my wifes MINI.

nagokart

Ready to race!
Said to myself, "LED tails are cool, but mine work fine so not wasting money on them."...Should be here in about a week lol.
I have no regrets with my LED tails. They just look so much better than the stockers.

Jcarollo765

Ready to race!
I went from APR Stage 1 to APR K04 @4000 miles. I then switched to Unitronic at maybe 20K. I got a ride in an APR K04 3.1 and went right back to APR. I think the 3.1 is a solid tune and rips pretty good. I run the non-watered down 93 octane file. I liked the APR 3.1 K04 tune better than the Uni one. Nothing wrong with Uni at all. I had a lot of fun with it when I had it, but the APR 3.1 still surprises me. :thumbup:

I'm all bout that APR lyfe :cool:

hbrown0509

Go Kart Champion
As far as I remember something like 37,500 miles. Not very many for a 2013, but as a retired guy I don't drive as much as I used to. Plus I split my driving between my Miata & my wifes MINI.

I can't wait until my gf's Mini is almost out of its warranty so I can start modding it to make it more efficient. I thought our turbochargers were restricted. They are even worse. Literally has a muffler on the turbo discharge pipe!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jared32

Ready to race!
Not really today but insurance called today and said my car was totaled so gonna have to take all my aftermarket parts off...

Sent from my iPhone 7 Plus

BlueE30

Ready to race!
You were driving too fast in wet conditions and FWD?