GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Idle speed adjustment!

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Hi guys, is it possible with VCDS to adjust the idle speed on a MK6 GTI? I’ve searched and searched but cannot find anything relevant to the mk6! I want to do this as mine is a little lumpy at 720/30 rpm and I would also like to see if a slightly higher number would make for a smoother ride when pulling away/crawling in 1st (MT) in traffic, with the A/C on the idle raises to around 810ish and it seems to be an improvement smoothness wise, I see the idle speed adjustment option in the engine controller adaptation but I cannot adjust it, is security access needed? If so does anybody know the security code? As VCDS doesn’t show it in a pop up like it usually does in other controllers! Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
It should be. Have you checked the vcds webpage on the procedure?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

The only Ross-tech page I found is for the mk4 but pretty much describes what I see while in the adaptation screen, I can increase and decrease the adaptation value by one either way but save and test stay greyed out! That’s as far as I’ve been able to get, I must be missing something obvious?

It’s just occurred to me to look in ELSAWIN! Don’t know if it’ll cover that but worth a look, forgot I had it! (Unlikely) !!

Last edited:

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
So No luck with ElsaWin, Thought as much! This must be possible but I can’t find anything involving the mk6???!?

zrickety

The Fixer
Have you tried a tune? Like stage 1?? Your tuner could do it I'm sure, plus more horsepowers...

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Yeah I did go stage 1 a while back but at that point it showed up my engines weaknesses so it was removed, since then the car has had quite a bit replaced or updated so would probably respond well to a tune, the previous tune did seem to help reduce the jerkiness in 1st while crawling in traffic, I’m considering stage 1 again in the near future! However the idle must be adjustable! Maybe it needs the security log in code before it allows the adaptation? That’s all I can think would be preventing it.

Chris659

Ready to race!
I know HPA told me they lock folks out from messing with it. So if you’re tuned, good chance your tuner did the same thing

zrickety

The Fixer
If you need the SKC security code, you're SOL...basically only the dealers can access it by connecting to servers in Germany. I have heard of hacks to get it involving the instrument cluster and software called vag-tacho.