GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Rear washer jet hose leaking... Again

KillerPM

Passed Driver's Ed
The dealership "fixed" my leaking rear washer jet hose twice under warranty. Out of warranty now, the problem has come back (water leaking into the rear hatch with no pressure out of the rear jet).

Has anyone replaced the hose with something that holds up a bit better? What type of hose did you replace it with?

Does anyone know what size ID the hose is?

With these salty snowy Canadian winters, it would be nice to see out the rear window.

brobst

Go Kart Champion
What was the fix they did?
At this point will the issue returning a third time, perhaps they will good will service you.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
I used a 4mm joiner from RS then sealed it with heat shrink when mine was leaking

Some of the wires were damaged at the same spot so I repaired those too then added spiral wrap to it all for future protection! Been fine for 18 months now, some have had to remove the C pillar trim to replace a length of pipe (silicone tube works best) but it depends where yours is broken, mine was getting water in the hatch too so your leak is probably by the hinge as well, I was able to repair it by just pulling the rubber part out of the way but it was a little tight, this is a known issue that’s why the MK7 has the rubber wire ducts in the centre instead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Last edited:

MarioS1

The dealership "fixed" my leaking rear washer jet hose twice under warranty. Out of warranty now, the problem has come back (water leaking into the rear hatch with no pressure out of the rear jet).

Has anyone replaced the hose with something that holds up a bit better? What type of hose did you replace it with?

Does anyone know what size ID the hose is?

With these salty snowy Canadian winters, it would be nice to see out the rear window.
I found it on https://parts.vw.com/

It appears to be just regular rubber tubing. Get the size there or just order it. It wasn't that expensive.

However install seems to be a pain depending on how much you want to replace. You probably want to home run it to avoid splicing, which is what the dealership fix is.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

KillerPM

Passed Driver's Ed
What was the fix they did?
At this point will the issue returning a third time, perhaps they will good will service you.

They snipped the cracked section out and put a joiner in to put it back together.

The repair was done once inside the car and once in the hatch... I might push for a goodwill repair.. I will think about it...

KillerPM

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks!

I can source 4mm ID stuff locally.

I think I will replace a section of it with silicone tubing. It cant be worse then whatever they are using OEM.

Totally_Stock_Except

Passed Driver's Ed
They snipped the cracked section out and put a joiner in to put it back together.

The repair was done once inside the car and once in the hatch... I might push for a goodwill repair.. I will think about it...
Mine is leaking onto the hatch, I prefer to replace the whole length and be done with it-- where is the pump located? I assume it's under the hood somewhere...thanks!

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Mine is leaking onto the hatch, I prefer to replace the whole length and be done with it-- where is the pump located? I assume it's under the hood somewhere...thanks!

It uses the same pump as the front washers, (not entirely sure how it works) but the front and rear pipes both spur from the same outlet[emoji848].

As mentioned before if it’s leaking into the hatch it will be split near the hatch hinge, the furthest you will need to run the new pipe is as far as the C pillar above the wheel arch then join it there, finish the join with heat shrink, preferably the type with a glue in it.

I simply re-joined mine next to the hinge, it’s been fine ever since, (a bit tight to work though) hence why some opt to replace a longer length, check the wires by the hinge (right hand looking from the rear) as well as they get damaged too.

Last edited:

Totally_Stock_Except

Passed Driver's Ed
It uses the same pump as the front washers, (not entirely sure how it works) but the front and rear pipes both spur from the same outlet[emoji848].

As mentioned before if it’s leaking into the hatch it will be split near the hatch hinge, the furthest you will need to run the new pipe is as far as the C pillar above the wheel arch then join it there, finish the join with heat shrink, preferably the type with a glue in it.

I simply re-joined mine next to the hinge, it’s been fine ever since, (a bit tight to work though) hence why some opt to replace a longer length, check the wires by the hinge (right hand looking from the rear) as well as they get damaged too.

Thanks for the detail sir!

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
Fixed mine today using JB Jeld, better no leaks but I'm still not happy with the amount of fluid it that it squrts, can't remember if it was ever good for me.