GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

I'm New

Smileymk6

Ready to race!
Hey im new to gti's i just upgraded from my old ek civic hatchback to an amazing gti. I had my honda heavily modded and would like to do the same to my gti any opinions on what should be my first mod? Also any tips on my car that i should know? I'm very lost as everyone i know has a honda and no one can seem to help or know where to find parts. Also i have a buddy who has a srt-4 should i look towards him for help since he is the only guy i know with a turbo car.

reelknead1

Go Kart Champion
Welcome.

I wouldn't look to any of your friends for advice on the GTI as it is a completely different car then there's. what I would do is check out the engine and suspension section of the forum and read up. There is so much information here that I'm sure you'll find what you are looking for.

The major tuners for VWs in order of popularity.
- APR
- Revo
- Giac
- Unitronics

corrado917

Go Kart Champion

johnny_p

Go Kart Champion
Sticky summer tires
Front and rear sway bars
Brake pads
Autocrossing or track days
Tune

Probably in that order too

greasyginzo

Go Kart Champion
ECU flash and HPA or VWR subframe mount then downpipe stage 2 flash and intake all in that order. Or you could get a downpipe and go straight to stage 2 if you want to possibly save a few bucks that some shops charge to flash from stage 1 to stage 2. That stuff will dramaticly change the car and make for a really fun car to drive. Or if you plan on spending more money just skip the ECU flash and get a ko4 kit.

CodexVelerian

Ready to race!
Sticky summer tires
Front and rear sway bars
Brake pads
Autocrossing or track days
Tune

Probably in that order too

^^^ This. Then:
Intake
Down Pipe/ Turbo back exhaust what ever floats your boat.
Stg 2 tune
More Autocrossing or track days
Intercooler upgrade ( APR, S3, ect.. there are a bunch of diffrent brands and they are all better then stock)

I kinda like how the stock suspension handles but you can get some nice coilovers as well.
Maybe some wheels at this point for mostly cosmetic appeal and personalization.

Ultimate goal: K04 turbo upgrade :w00t: