GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Official Carbon Steel Grey GTI/Golf Thread

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Not going to lie I thought at first red rims would suck. But looking at these photos ur killing it! Thumbs up from me.

Edit: i think it helps you don't really have any red accents anywhere else besides tail lights.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Thanks lol

I keep having people telling me I should paint other things red, but I think anything other than the wheels will just be tacky.

I think I want to do sideskirts, and I have no idea what I could do to the rear that would be appropriate with the rest of mods. All the rear end mods just seem too extreme for me, there's not really any subtle diffusers and I haven't really seen a spoiler I liked. I don't really want to paint anything else red though, but I might have my tyrolsport hatch brace powdercoated candy apple red to match.

Boscogn

Go Kart Champion
Thanks lol

I keep having people telling me I should paint other things red, but I think anything other than the wheels will just be tacky.

I think I want to do sideskirts, and I have no idea what I could do to the rear that would be appropriate with the rest of mods. All the rear end mods just seem too extreme for me, there's not really any subtle diffusers and I haven't really seen a spoiler I liked. I don't really want to paint anything else red though, but I might have my tyrolsport hatch brace powdercoated candy apple red to match.
Accents are supposed to be subtle I think your gut feeling is right. You could maybe get away with the OEM red accent on grill but you already blacked that out so I'd just leave as is. No to mirror caps, no to front valence, you could even get black calipers etc. A red tow hook might look really good though for the front.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Accents are supposed to be subtle I think your gut feeling is right. You could maybe get away with the OEM red accent on grill but you already blacked that out so I'd just leave as is. No to mirror caps, no to front valence, you could even get black calipers etc. A red tow hook might look really good though for the front.

I actually thought about doing the calipers black. The paint is so faded on them they look pink now, and it just looks bad against the fresh paint on the wheels. They definitely need to be painted, and it's either red or black and I've been leaning more towards black.

Phur

Autocross Champion
What about csg?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
I don't think I could find CSG paint rated for temps high enough.

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
“Less is more” as they say! I would not paint anything else the colour of the wheels, anything else I would paint piano black or maybe (just maybe) satin black but nothing else other than that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Phur

Autocross Champion

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Black would look good with your red wheels & it will be so much easier to keep clean.

this is exactly what i was thinking when i saw his idea.