GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Would a dealer allow this?

MSchott

Go Kart Newbie
Actually they may well do this. My brother leased a MKV GTI and was able to get VW to agree to extend his lease by 6 months. However, in the end he purchased his GTI and has been quiet happy with it ever since.

This is good news. I've emailed the local dealer to ask about this. I'll report back when I hear from them. Thank you all for your advice and help!

imtimmy

Ready to race!
You have options at the end of any lease. When the end of my lease came for the bimmer they would send me letters to extend or buy it or buy or lease a new one. Any automaker will try to retain it's customers and you will also be getting letters and emails from local dealers as well. I would extend the lease 6-12 months if your looking to get out of it in a year from now. That way you don't have to deal with any new purchase, new seller, new company etc. If you have chips or dings curb rash stuff going on than get the lube out because they will likely write it up on a bill for you to pay once you turn the car in.

MSchott

Go Kart Newbie
You have options at the end of any lease. When the end of my lease came for the bimmer they would send me letters to extend or buy it or buy or lease a new one. Any automaker will try to retain it's customers and you will also be getting letters and emails from local dealers as well. I would extend the lease 6-12 months if your looking to get out of it in a year from now. That way you don't have to deal with any new purchase, new seller, new company etc. If you have chips or dings curb rash stuff going on than get the lube out because they will likely write it up on a bill for you to pay once you turn the car in.

The problem with extending the lease is that the monthly payments are considerably higher.

By the way, when I last posted in this thread, I contacted the local VW dealer via their website to ask about their lease policy and unfortunately, never heard back. That was very disappointing. By the way my wife's last 2 cars came from this automotive group.

On the other hand my BMW dealer is extremely responsive, has fabulous customer service and is offering many incentives to keep me as a customer. If things don't work out on the BMW I want, I will call this VW dealer to follow up but they have given me a bad impression.