GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Leaving lease early question

tbombsgen6

Ready to race!
Well when i spoke with the subaru sales rep, we used something called the autotrader trade-in marketplace, which gave me a trade-in value of 13,500 which imo is pretty low. Considering my payout is 19,100, i would be $5,600 in negative equity. :/. Im hoping when i go speak with the vw sales rep that sold me the car would work something out.

That is ridiculous!!! NADA rough trade on a 2012 GTI 4 door DSG with a roof is over $17000. I was assuming around 30000 miles. I dont know anything about your car as far as options or condition. But there it is. Now, just like kbb or anything else, NADA could be higher or lower than other sources, but come on friend.....13500?!?!

I am in the business and i would refuse to go to a client with such an obviously low number. Thats insulting. Now, if there is something wrong with the car that i dont know. But that is NADA ROUGH trade!!!!

thatdudedre

Passed Driver's Ed
That is ridiculous!!! NADA rough trade on a 2012 GTI 4 door DSG with a roof is over $17000. I was assuming around 30000 miles. I dont know anything about your car as far as options or condition. But there it is. Now, just like kbb or anything else, NADA could be higher or lower than other sources, but come on friend.....13500?!?!

I am in the business and i would refuse to go to a client with such an obviously low number. Thats insulting. Now, if there is something wrong with the car that i dont know. But that is NADA ROUGH trade!!!!

There is nothing wrong with the car it has a clean history, I'm not 100% sure on the exact milage but i know its in between 20300-20400 and yes that is low. Really not sure why my trade in value was so low :/

tbombsgen6

Ready to race!
There is nothing wrong with the car it has a clean history, I'm not 100% sure on the exact milage but i know its in between 20300-20400 and yes that is low. Really not sure why my trade in value was so low :/

It isn't that low. Now I did see you have coilovers, which technically violates your lease. But also may be the excuse they are using to de-value the car. They are trying to undercut you. There could be several reasons they think they will get away with this. You might be young, or they just might think you are a moron. But you should absolutely get at least 2 grand more! Just tell them what you want, and use NADA or Edmunds as your reasoning.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Well when i spoke with the subaru sales rep, we used something called the autotrader trade-in marketplace, which gave me a trade-in value of 13,500 which imo is pretty low. Considering my payout is 19,100, i would be $5,600 in negative equity. :/. Im hoping when i go speak with the vw sales rep that sold me the car would work something out.

13,500 for a 2012 gti? Do you have 100k miles or something? That's pretty low.

thatdudedre

Passed Driver's Ed
It isn't that low. Now I did see you have coilovers, which technically violates your lease. But also may be the excuse they are using to de-value the car. They are trying to undercut you. There could be several reasons they think they will get away with this. You might be young, or they just might think you are a moron. But you should absolutely get at least 2 grand more! Just tell them what you want, and use NADA or Edmunds as your reasoning.

I mean im going to put back the stock suspension and they said that its not a problem, but i went through the autotrader trade-in marketplace again and they gave me a trade in value of 17,300 which seems a lot more reasonable. Im guessing there may have been some human error when my sales rep was putting in my info into autotrader

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
4 door dsg with sunroof and touchscreen i think it was called the convenience package if i remember correctly

13,500 is an absolute low ball offer. Your car is worth pretty much your payoff amount. 18-20k

tbombsgen6

Ready to race!
I mean im going to put back the stock suspension and they said that its not a problem, but i went through the autotrader trade-in marketplace again and they gave me a trade in value of 17,300 which seems a lot more reasonable. Im guessing there may have been some human error when my sales rep was putting in my info into autotrader

Oh there was most likely no "error" he put it in wrong on purpose. Sounds like he might have put in a TDI or even a regular Golf

syonxwf

Go Kart Champion
I was hoping to do option 4 but here is the deal. The dealership is called stohlman automotive and vw and subaru are under the same roof. I was leasing a jetta before i got into my gti lease. I was able to leave my jetta lease with no penalties with 1.5 years remaining. But this time im looking to get into a subaru do you guys think that ill be able to get away with no penalties? Ill be going in to talk with sometime next week but i just wanted to get your opinions. Im not in a hurry to leave my gti lease at all just exploring my options and thanks for your responses guys!

You can definitely trade it in. What they do is basically buy the car out, which ends the lease with no penalty (in my experience).

Shouldn't be that low, just as others have said, I think they either made a mistake or are trying to hoodwink you. I put mine in, I have a '13 2 door base with MT, 18,500 miles, and my trade in value was $17,150 in rough condition, $19,400 in clean condition, which mine is.

Either tell them their offer was laughable and that they need to come much closer to your pay off, or find another dealer IMO.

racermp

Ready to race!
Try Texas direct auto. They will quote you online by pics and They will ship your car in. They pay high for tradeins.more than carmax. I've bought and sold a few there.