GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

deAutoKey rocks

boostedmk6

Go Kart Champion
I've had the exact opposite experience with deautokey.

My footwell LED's burnt out after 3 months and deautokey claimed it was because I had the footwell lighting set to stay on all the time. Prior to that I had Ebay LEDS in the footwells that lasted for years without burning out.

I've also gone through 2 sets of LED license plate lights. Both sets did not seat properly and one actually flew off on the freeway. Once again, deautokey denied responsibility and claimed it was due to "improper install".

I'm sure they'll chime in shortly saying this was an "isolated incident" and that their customer service is superb.

I've also had a pretty negative experience with their license plate LEDs. Fitment is not very good and one of the lights had water seeping into it. I ended up switching to OEM led lights which fit and look much better.

Addicted2boost

Passed Driver's Ed
Sorry to hear that. We have hundreds of other customers who have ran our footwell LEDs in their car for years with no issues, and the same with our LED license plate housings. If you don't hear a click, they most likely are not seated properly inside your bumper, a video linked below shows how to correctly install them (that customer has been running them with no issues for over a year):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VY9HXHQmsGo#t=802

The MK6 GTI is known for sending high volts and doing odd things to the footwells, if you do have your footwell LEDs on while driving they can burn out prematurely due to the high voltage being sent to them, but it is rare, as always though, we will replace them under our warranty, from other forum posts you can see people describing odd behaviors from their footwells, even with regular OEM incandescent bulbs installed:
http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthre...fmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74481&page=5

deAutoLED.com

GolfMK6 Official Vendor
I've been saving for my full on kit. :) by the looks of it tho, seems like based on just the customer feedback, this is the colony to go with. Glad to hear they care about customers

Sent from my distraction device

Thanks, we appreciate it, we care and take care of our customers, it is all here in our policy:
http://deautokey.com/warranty-policy

You will NEVER see us say "that is not covered under our lifetime warranty" - if you have ANY issue, ship it back to us, and we will ship you a brand new one.

On top of that, we respond to your emails within hours, or the same day. Our warranty replacement turn around is 1 day, as soon as it arrives, a new one goes out, no waiting 5-7 days for processing, their employees are here for the customers, move quick and their reputation matters to them.

For example, with eBay, after 60 days, that buyer has no obligation to you, and you CANNOT leave any negative feedback warning anyone about their product or service. Addicted2boost said he had an issue after 90 days, well with eBay, he would have not been able to contact them for a warranty replacement, or leave feedback, he would be holding a defected item and could not do anything about it, at least with our company, he could ship it back for a brand new one under our Lifetime Warranty.

I've also had a pretty negative experience with their license plate LEDs. Fitment is not very good and one of the lights had water seeping into it. I ended up switching to OEM led lights which fit and look much better.

Please see this thread regarding license plate fitment issues.
http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74481&page=5

Again, we are sorry to hear that, but we will do anything it takes to make the situation right so you can enjoy our LEDs under our policy.

If someone made a post saying "APPLE ROCKS" there will be individuals like yourself saying the same thing you are saying about our company.

With electronics, not everything can always be perfect, but we stand behind the quality and reliability of our LEDs and offer a Lifetime Warranty which proves we stand behind our product, that is much more than you can say for Apple and many of the bigger electronic retailers in this world.

We have a small defect rate with our product. If there is an issue we are here to help our customers.

We have a great customer base with amazing feedback as you will see in the endless threads, you might be able to post that one thread topic with some bad experiences, but we can post 100 threads with great customer experience stories.

Thanks for reading

Boondock

Ready to race!
Can confirm deAutoKey rocks! Bought a set of LED's for my Mk5 on a Friday, they showed up Monday. I also ordered a set of front turn signal LED's and they didn't work with my halogen housings (GTI uses different turn signal bulbs). Sent them an email that was answered an hour later. Shipped mine back and they're hooking me up with the correct ones!

Plus they featured one of my pictures on their Instagram, totally awesome!

Addicted2boost

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks, we appreciate it, we care and take care of our customers, it is all here in our policy:
http://deautokey.com/warranty-policy

You will NEVER see us say "that is not covered under our lifetime warranty" - if you have ANY issue, ship it back to us, and we will ship you a brand new one.

On top of that, we respond to your emails within hours, or the same day. Our warranty replacement turn around is 1 day, as soon as it arrives, a new one goes out, no waiting 5-7 days for processing, their employees are here for the customers, move quick and their reputation matters to them.

For example, with eBay, after 60 days, that buyer has no obligation to you, and you CANNOT leave any negative feedback warning anyone about their product or service. Addicted2boost said he had an issue after 90 days, well with eBay, he would have not been able to contact them for a warranty replacement, or leave feedback, he would be holding a defected item and could not do anything about it, at least with our company, he could ship it back for a brand new one under our Lifetime Warranty.

Again, we are sorry to hear that, but we will do anything it takes to make the situation right so you can enjoy our LEDs under our policy.

If someone made a post saying "APPLE ROCKS" there will be individuals like yourself saying the same thing you are saying about our company.

With electronics, not everything can always be perfect, but we stand behind the quality and reliability of our LEDs and offer a Lifetime Warranty which proves we stand behind our product, that is much more than you can say for Apple and many of the bigger electronic retailers in this world.

We have a small defect rate with our product. If there is an issue we are here to help our customers.

We have a great customer base with amazing feedback as you will see in the endless threads, you might be able to post that one thread topic with some bad experiences, but we can post 100 threads with great customer experience stories.

Thanks for reading

It's funny how you respond immediately to negative feedback in this thread, yet you take days or even fail to respond to my emails.

If you want, I can post pics of your license plate lights with broken clips or your footwell leds falling apart and then see if you actually do something about it.

deAutoLED.com

GolfMK6 Official Vendor
It's funny how you respond immediately to negative feedback in this thread, yet you take days or even fail to respond to my emails.

If you want, I can post pics of your license plate lights with broken clips or your footwell leds falling apart and then see if you actually do something about it.

There is no way that they took that long to respond on purpose, they respond to all warranty claims and requests within the hour, and they ship out all warranty claims next same day it arrives to their warehouse.

We are not sure what happened, but did you follow policy to fix this issue you are having?

Within the US: Ship the item back(your expense), they ship you new ones(their expense).
Overseas: Has to pay all shipping costs and will receive a new item.

They are not trying to hide this policy from anyone, clearly stated in a new form, and they have many requests daily to ship their LEDs all over the world with a less than 1% defect rate:
http://deautokey.com/international-shipping-quote

Did you contact them for a warranty claim:
http://deautokey.com/rma-warranty-claim-form

Or email them? If so, send me your email and they will respond to you right away, I never seen them fail to respond to a customer, if they did, I do apologize again, but I can guarantee it was not intentional.

Thank you

deAutoLED.com

GolfMK6 Official Vendor
Can confirm deAutoKey rocks! Bought a set of LED's for my Mk5 on a Friday, they showed up Monday. I also ordered a set of front turn signal LED's and they didn't work with my halogen housings (GTI uses different turn signal bulbs). Sent them an email that was answered an hour later. Shipped mine back and they're hooking me up with the correct ones!

Plus they featured one of my pictures on their Instagram, totally awesome!

Appreciate the kind words.

:thumbsup: Thank you, this is the deAutoKey I started to work for 4 years ago, great people and company, they are always there helping there customers and care that you have a good experience when purchasing from them, their fair warranty and policy is in place to help a customer.

Did they tag you on IG, they are always using customer photos, all their photos are normally customer photos they are tagged in IG or emailed to them, they are soon going to have a form where customers can upload their product photos so they can post it on IG & FB, keep a look out for it.

Thank you again:thumbsup:

Last edited:

robeeeerob

Go Kart Champion
I bought all my LED from them and no where else.

^Same, haha.

deAutoKey really is a great company. They stand behind their products, and have such awesome customer service. They're super responsive: sent them a PM earlier tonight (10:45 pm on a SATURDAY), and they responded within 5 minutes. :w00t:

deAutoLED.com

GolfMK6 Official Vendor
Just got an email reply in 6 minutes at 5PM pacific time.

Good shit.

^Same, haha.

deAutoKey really is a great company. They stand behind their products, and have such awesome customer service. They're super responsive: sent them a PM earlier tonight (10:45 pm on a SATURDAY), and they responded within 5 minutes. :w00t:

Thank you, our dedicated team are here for our customers, we appreciate that you took the time to leave feedback.
:thumbsup:

Last edited:

CarniifeX

Go Kart Champion
Yeah I have always vouched for deAutoKey. They stand by their warranties too which is awesome. They have replaced a few bulbs of mine no questions asked, and the shipping is super quick.

phant0m

Ready to race!
I have my interior LED lights, footwell LED lights, LED city lights, LED reverse lights and LED license plate kit and plaid shifter sticker, seat handle inserts and German flag dash (MFI area) sticker all from deAutoKey. I LOVE THEM ALL!!! deAutoKey does rock, they ship out SUPER fast, always reply within an hour to any email I've sent them and never had any issues with their products. Thanks guys!

deAutoLED.com

GolfMK6 Official Vendor
Yeah I have always vouched for deAutoKey. They stand by their warranties too which is awesome. They have replaced a few bulbs of mine no questions asked, and the shipping is super quick.

I have my interior LED lights, footwell LED lights, LED city lights, LED reverse lights and LED license plate kit and plaid shifter sticker, seat handle inserts and German flag dash (MFI area) sticker all from deAutoKey. I LOVE THEM ALL!!! deAutoKey does rock, they ship out SUPER fast, always reply within an hour to any email I've sent them and never had any issues with their products. Thanks guys!

Thank you for this amazing feedback, we have a dedicated staff that works hard so we all really appreciate our customers and their feedback.

Thank you :thumbsup:

stevenchkim

Go Kart Champion
DeAutokey

Got a pair of their license plate lights after a shoddy pair of meh no name LEDs burned out on one side. Shipping was fast, and after sorting out the bent prong issue, got them to work and was impressed by the light output. Ordered the whole interior set and the sidemarker pair. But $45 (with FB like discount) and $76 (with waterfest discount) is still a STIFF price to pay for some bulbs. Oh well, I know that none of the ebay sellers will stand by their stuff like these guys are supposed to so there's that.

deAutoLED.com

GolfMK6 Official Vendor
Got a pair of their license plate lights after a shoddy pair of meh no name LEDs burned out on one side. Shipping was fast, and after sorting out the bent prong issue, got them to work and was impressed by the light output. Ordered the whole interior set and the sidemarker pair. But $45 (with FB like discount) and $76 (with waterfest discount) is still a STIFF price to pay for some bulbs. Oh well, I know that none of the ebay sellers will stand by their stuff like these guys are supposed to so there's that.

Thanks for the feedback.

The prong issue was fixed so we are not sure why that happened, the problem was that the prongs in our old license plates design was the same thickness of the OEM, we manufactured thinner ones now. This eliminates any issues because they easily slide into the bigger adapters.