GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Advice

Cynthia

Hey all, so i got an offer from one of the mechanics who wants to sell me his OEM golf R lights. He said it's only been installed in his GTI for 1 year because he bought a golf R and sold his GTI. He's selling it to be for $700 Australian dollars which includes helping me install the pair of lights into my car. Do you guys reckon it's a good deal or not?

Thanks in advance! :)

iAhhMaze

Go Kart Champion
Yeah seems about right 500$ US dollars. It would probably cost you more getting a set shipped to Australia.

pashley

Ready to race!
Yeah seems about right 500$ US dollars. It would probably cost you more getting a set shipped to Australia.

Yeah this seems right if you consider shipping/install. But really...install is easy if you can find a used set on the boards or locally.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Yeah thats the average OEM price.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Yeah thats the average OEM price.

Cynthia

True but would it be better if bought new ones instead? It's a second hand one, been used after all? Is it much big of a difference buying new ones than buying the second hand one money wise? Thoughts guys?

iAhhMaze

Go Kart Champion
True but would it be better if bought new ones instead? It's a second hand one, been used after all? Is it much big of a difference buying new ones than buying the second hand one money wise? Thoughts guys?

Yes there's quite a big difference between used and new OEM taillights. Just get the used ones and save your self some money it's not like you get anything better buying them brand new.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Yes there's quite a big difference between used and new OEM taillights. Just get the used ones and save your self some money it's not like you get anything better buying them brand new.

OEM taillights new cost around $800 US. But if you have to have them shipped/imported that cost is gonna go up.

you could maybe try talking him down a little and see if that works.

iAhhMaze

Go Kart Champion
OEM taillights new cost around $800 US. But if you have to have them shipped/imported that cost is gonna go up.

you could maybe try talking him down a little and see if that works.
Exactly shipping charges and import fees will be pretty high. Agreed always room to negotiate.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk