GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

A performance handling game changer? Michelin Pilot super Sport

ahhduma

Ready to race!
Ahhduma, super tire chart! Makes me want to consider getting those Michelin Pilot Super Sports even more now and storing em till I need them because of the price being so low now. I guess they are near the top of the heap after all despite their "newness".

I'm curious if the Tire Rack rep was accurate when he said that the great wear rating should be viewed from the standpoint of the tires' category, ie. "high performance" which suggests faster wear relative to the "non" high performance segment. I suspect that he was. Maybe a call to Michelin will confirm either way. I'll check it out.

its true. similar to car crash ratings. otherwise these ultra performance summer will never get greens on wet ratings or tire life, etc

RacingManiac

Drag Race Newbie
I've used the Michellin PS2 for the longest time on my previous cars, but now I need tires that do well in wet weather - looking at the chart, looks like the PSS might be better, but as someone else pointed out, the sampling seems low on the mileage. I think that when it comes time to get new tires in about a year or so, I have to check these two against one another again. Only have good things to say about the Michellin.

PSS is brand new this year, I think the picture will be clearer after at least 1 summer...

GTI_Boss

Changed the stock Pirelli's for the Pilot Super Sports and they are amazing! Night and day difference. Faster acceleration from stop, shorter braking distance, extreme control and more grip in the corners. Can highly recommend them!

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

damagi123

Go Kart Champion
10/10 top resurrect.

thedude4bides

Go Kart Champion
Holy thread revival

There's been a lot of that going around...

I'd rather see this than the same thread made 20 times over because some noob doesn't care to search. I saw an idiot mod lock a thread for this very reason recently and it made no sense to me. Would you rather have multiple threads because noobs make the same ones over and over again or would you rather have one thread to sift through when the issue comes up for you and it's your turn to search?

steemax

Go Kart Champion
Just be glad the search function is being used and we don't have an influx of new threads posting the same thing over and over again :yikes:

EDIT: Damn, I missed the fact that there was a 2nd page to this.... oh well