GOLFMKV

Black Forest Industries Stage 1 Mount Kit - DSG

WalkerT

Go Kart Champion
My review
Product: Black Forest Industries Stage 1 Mount Kit - DSG
Price: $389.99
Part number: EBFISTG1-4CYL-FA

This review is because I really needed new mounts and I did not see many reviews with performance mounts and a DSG

Includes:
• One complete replacement 2.0T engine side mount
• One complete replacement 6-speed manual/DSG mount
• One torque arm / dogbone insert
• Installation hardware

Install:
This was straight forward and only taking about two hours from first sip of my morning coffee to cleaning the torque wrench and putting it away. I did use a jack and large socket to slide the Dogbone mount in. It is just easier than trying to fight with it. Black Forest Industries has easy to follow videos on youtube on how to perform the install to include the TQ values.

Driving:
Mounts are a hard choice because they are not a HP mod and they don’t give you cool points in the car show parking lot. This along with being nervous before turning the key, because everywhere you look someone is complaining about the mounts they installed and the car shaking apart. I think this mostly comes from people installing just the Dogbone or mismatching mount sets. That is why I chose a match set that is designed to work together. This I hope would negate the fact of it being a DSG. I thought for sure I was in for shake city. NOT the case.

These make such a big difference in the way my car feels! There is a reason the performance mounts are a motorsports upgrade, because they give you an instant tip in throttle response! Give it more of the old school mechanical feel. The DSG shifts are much firmer to the point of marking the DSG fart more audible! Now when I rev it in idle there is zero engine movement and this really translates on the street under load. This also eliminates the shaking of the exhaust system which will save you from leaks and stress on your downpipe mounts. Yes, I have had to change my DP mount because the movement from the factory engine mounts torn it apart.

Onto the big question shaking. These are 70a durometer mounts so they are not the hardest or the softest. The DSG at Idle in Park no difference in noise, vibration, or harshness (NVH). Shift into reverse and maybe a 2-3% increase - little vib through the seat of your pants. Driving no difference in NVH. Sitting in traffic again maybe 4% but if you don’t have your hand on the wheel (passenger) you won’t notice. May wife rode in the car and did not notice a difference so it passed my wife test! If you thought, you were going to increase performance and not have to give a small amount you are moding the wrong car. Every upgrade we make changes the way, the how, the when with these cars. This upgrade is so worth what little down side there is I give it a thumbs up for sure!!

Website: https://store.blackforestindustries.com/bfimk5mk6st1.html

On to the pics

DSG Dogbone Mount installed

Last edited:

DELETE

Autocross Champion
Looks awesome. It’s a must when adding power. Just gotta bite the bullet and buy em and throw em in. I think doing all mounts especially keeping them as a set is the smartest thing you can do. Good review bro. Quality looks unreal.

WalkerT

Go Kart Champion
Thanks man!

bommart

Passed Driver's Ed
Great review!

DELETE

Autocross Champion
I just don’t think these mounts would work for people like myself with catch cans that mount to the engine mount. Hmmm.

WalkerT

Go Kart Champion
There has to be a work around or a alt place to mount the catch can. I know some mount to the oem bolt, that is an easy fix just buy one oem bolt with the threads on it.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
the most vibrations I get are when starting off, especially in reverse. I think my car has BF mounts as well (got the car with them) and driving wise, I love them, but holy F*** does she shake hard upon creeping and takeoff.

Tony48

Go Kart Champion
the most vibrations I get are when starting off, especially in reverse. I think my car has BF mounts as well (got the car with them) and driving wise, I love them, but holy F*** does she shake hard upon creeping and takeoff.

Check your mounts. If they have black rubber then they're stage 1; green rubber and they're stage 2. Stage 2 has higher durometer rubber which means more vibration. I'm interested to see which you have.

Attachments

• bfi-mk5-mk6-stage-1-mount-kit-fully-assembled-4-cylinder-3.jpg
    bfi-mk5-mk6-stage-1-mount-kit-fully-assembled-4-cylinder-3.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 204
  • bfi-mk5-mk6-stage-2-mount-kit-fully-assembled-4-cylinder-3.jpg
    bfi-mk5-mk6-stage-2-mount-kit-fully-assembled-4-cylinder-3.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 208
Last edited:

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Mine are black. again pretty sure it's BFI, may have actually been 034, not positive unfortunately.

Also I do have a pendulum mount insert, not the full mount

riceburner

Autocross Champion

WalkerT

Go Kart Champion
A couple hundred miles and a road trip with the family and these are awesome. Family did not notice anything and the response for the mounts is spot on. Two thumbs up for stg1.

FriggenT1

Banned
I have the 034 mounts...have some videos of the give of them vs stock....mine weren't harsh though. I also haved the insert, but took it out due to no pendulum mount and people claiming the stock unit can break with the solid aluminum inset 034 has.

WalkerT

Go Kart Champion
The dogbone mount is in mine and doing great. Once I hit 1000 miles I will update and check all three mounts for any issues.

ik1015

beeee patient ^^
I wonder how NVH stage-1 mounts are almost same as stock ( said 3~4%) and how not noticeable? ......Poly is poly.
Hyde reviewed BFI tranny mount to increase NVH, so he moved to 034 mounts once.

Did anyone install and compare different mounts like BSH vs VF vs ECS(spam) vs Torque solution vs BFI? Each mounts are different durometer, BSH-85A, TS-75A, BFI-70A....