GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

It's Decided. 2.5 Turbo. Winter 2019

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
This is great! They're currently out of stock but told me they should have them in the next week or so, I think this will be the first thing I buy as it seems to be hard to get
Wa I just clicked the link and.... it looks like they took the page down after you called them. How much did they quote you? I was thing of buying one as well.

OrangeSpy

Ready to race!
Wa I just clicked the link and.... it looks like they took the page down after you called them. How much did they quote you? I was thing of buying one as well.

300 last I checked

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion

OrangeSpy

Ready to race!
The big question I still have is weather it will bolt up to our 2.5.
y
FLOW said he knew someone running the SPA. FLOW can you get confirmation that this SPA Turbo Manifold is the one being used and will bolt to the normally Aspirated 07K engine?

I asked that when I emailed the company. They confirmed this will fit on a Mk6 2.5 Golf

Quoted from the email
"i'll have the manifold again in about 10 days, and yes, it will fit to your car."

OrangeSpy

Ready to race!

Just checked the site, manifold is back in stock

OrangeSpy

Ready to race!

OrangeSpy

Ready to race!
It's looking like this may be 2020 instead, I could have managed the turbo build But the supporting mods (clutch, dif , brakes) really bump up the price. I will still be doing this though! I'll start with IEs intake this year though As I planned to have it with the turbo any how.

FlowMK6

Ready to race!
It's looking like this may be 2020 instead, I could have managed the turbo build But the supporting mods (clutch, dif , brakes) really bump up the price. I will still be doing this though! I'll start with IEs intake this year though As I planned to have it with the turbo any how.

A full turbo setup well built is about 7000$CAD and more from what I have seen.

Just to give you an idea.

- 5 Bosch 550cc injector : 325$CAD + tax + shipping approx.
- Bosch 040 fuel pump : 260$CAD + tax + shipping, you might find a Walbro pump cheaper
- PrecisionTurbo 5858 : 1400$CAD journal bearing, 2200$CAD ball bearing + tax + shipping
- Exhaust manidold / turbo manifold : 800$CAD+
- Precision 46mm Vband Wastegate : 500$CAD
- Diverter Valve (I would not get a BOV except if you are maf-less), a Tial QR is about 350$CAD
- An intercooler, VibrantPerformance sold them near 400$ CAD
- Custom downpipe works approx 300$ depending of the job
- An IE intake manifold, you could keep the stock one, but I don't think the plastic one would support the boosty very well plus you wouldn't get the best performance from your turbo setup without the intake manifold : 1100$CAD
- An UnitedMotorsport Fuel Injector tune, near 750$CAD, maybe less
- Oil lines, fittings, piping for the intake : price may vary...

Pretty much what you need for basic setup, then you will have to upgrade your clutch, otherwise it will slip and slip... Performance clutch kit is near 1200$CAD

If you don't install it by yourself, you will have to pay for labor time, just the clutch is near 5-6 hours. You will always have to use 91 octane gas. You might have to change some other stuff like fuel filter. I would also get an AFR gauge and a boost gauge, near 250-300$CAD, a wideband will cost more...

Keep in mind the 5speed differential can be weak... And you might need to replace it in an unexpected moment ^^

It's not cheap but if you have the money and want to keep your car for a long time without caring of the resale value, then go for it, it's a nice project and you will have a reliable turbo car with decent power :) If you are planning to put an Haldex AWD, it's near 4000$ CAD using R32 parts.

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion

- Bosch 040 fuel pump : 260$CAD + tax + shipping, you might find a Walbro pump cheaper
- PrecisionTurbo 5858 : 1400$CAD journal bearing, 2200$CAD ball bearing + tax + shipping
- Diverter Valve (I would not get a BOV except if you are maf-less), a Tial QR is about 350$CAD
- An IE intake manifold, you could keep the stock one, but I don't think the plastic one would support the boosty very well plus you wouldn't get the best performance from your turbo setup without the intake manifold : 1100$CAD

Pretty much what you need for basic setup, then you will have to upgrade your clutch, otherwise it will slip and slip... Performance clutch kit is near 1200$CAD

If you don't install it by yourself, you will have to pay for labor time, just the clutch is near 5-6 hours. You will always have to use 91 octane gas. You might have to change some other stuff like fuel filter. I would also get an AFR gauge and a boost gauge, near 250-300$CAD, a wideband will cost more...

Keep in mind the 5speed differential can be weak... And you might need to replace it in an unexpected moment ^^

It's not cheap but if you have the money and want to keep your car for a long time without caring of the resale value, then go for it, it's a nice project and you will have a reliable turbo car with decent power :) If you are planning to put an Haldex AWD, it's near 4000$ CAD using R32 parts.
Not to be a Troll but this is why I don't even consider adding a turbo.... it's a slippery slope my friend.

OrangeSpy

Ready to race!

I plan on driving thus car into the ground haha If In have the money I'll go for it. I'm getting IEs manifold this year, we'll see how it goes from there.

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
I plan on driving thus car into the ground haha If In have the money I'll go for it. I'm getting IEs manifold this year, we'll see how it goes from there.
Sorry you sound a bit let down! Backyard guys, do great sh!t all the time, I think you can still turbo your 2.5 for alot less than $7K and enjoy it.

I think the IE manifold is a BIG waist on a limited budget as it represent almost $2K spending in Canadian dollars, ... look at it this way you could buy a turbo manifold and Turbo Charger for that much and use the original plastic intake manifold. You'd be along way to achieving your goals. If you go another step further and buy a budget water/meth kit, you'll be ready to get UM to custom tune your ECU.

Take your time, make reasonable goals and budget. Where people go wrong and discouraged is trying to go BIG or for the Ideal/Best and over think and NEVER get going,...go for what can be achieved within a budget.

Like I said in past threads there is a kid that turboed his Rabbit. He did it with a turbo that people here laugh at no less, but he has done it and they have done zip.

You can also stick to your original plan and weld up your turbo manifold OR buy the turbo manifold made in Brazil and get a K03 to start; yes not near Ideal but get started, remember you can upgrade later. I'm sure someone has one from a K04 upgrade that they will sell cheap (couple o hundred $).

Just throwing a few suggestions out there ... .

Last edited: